E-11 metal pipe build
So I read about this on the FISD forum and been wanting to give it a crack. Rather then using PVC piping Ikea sell a table leg that is 38mm OD... now i wasn't able to find the one named in the FISD thread but found an alternative named leg for $5

The before shot... though i had already cut one end off with a metal saw
[Image: null_zps24a6cb0b.jpg]

I got the usual Doopy Doo's pipe build kit which fits nicely
[Image: null_zpsc5e4dd5c.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsf7d1271e.jpg]

and out of order pic but adjusted the template to fit very nicely and used it as a guide for the dremmel to cut the other end down (next time might do it that way at both ends)

[Image: null_zps307469ab.jpg]

just to be clear the rest will be actually still be resin with the exception of my real counter, scope and aluminium scope rail.

will likely be a show piece rather then a trooper blaster and only used to maybe go Centurion
DW2013 to DW2018
Nice!

Terror
Very nice!... Doppeldaumen1 got me thinking now Rolleyes
Move along...
Very nice Duras, if you want to get accurate t-track LMK and I will send you a link Wink
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

I have some t track from a UK member (blanking on the name at the moment) but PM me the link anyway cause if it's better I prob will want it Wink
DW2013 to DW2018
(Saturday 28-Sep-2013, 08:19 AM)Duras Wrote:  I have some t track from a UK member (blanking on the name at the moment) but PM me the link anyway cause if it's better I prob will want it Wink

Marv?? I have his and it is awesome
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Yep was him and that was paynes recommendation too
DW2013 to DW2018
bit ot, but how good are those screw on dremel vices? Really need to get a vice for my bench
Clones are cooler
Not great... I think a real vice is needed
DW2013 to DW2018
So afternoon with dad's drill press and thankfully him as a second pair of hands & eyes to help with a few holes today

[Image: null_zpse867d225.jpg]
DW2013 to DW2018
todays progress was to cut out the ejection port and the bolt slide - also did a quick test fit of some parts

[Image: null_zpsc0543c08.jpg]

trying to get a spring and tried out the below hose bending coil... the idea being to remove the spine bar that's there to make it a spring though a nice safe weak one. As you can see in the test fit pic though its a little short leaving me to find a longer option or make my own longer bolt

[Image: null_zps2dd24188.jpg]
DW2013 to DW2018
looking at images of standard sterlings i will be going with the making my own longer bolt

[Image: SterlingSMG.jpg]
DW2013 to DW2018
so last few days have been a bit slower (partly trying to remember how i did this the first two times Smile)

forgot a before shot again (but only drilled the bolt pull hole and primed it) found this railing part at Bunnings for about $12 could of got more in metal for less but dont want this to get to heavy... just need to work out how much to cut it down
[Image: null_zpsfbf715b2.jpg]

trial fit of the parts
[Image: null_zpsdba7d58b.jpg]

and did some work on the buttstock too
[Image: null_zps0b2b423c.jpg]

the other reason not to go to quickly is that I want to make this as good as I'm able to and that I'm trying to build it so that I can maintain it later if i want to upgrade ideas e.g. sound and light one day
DW2013 to DW2018
So rather then gluing some of the parts on I'm mounting them by screwing bolts in to them

Pretty happy with it so far. Just mounting the front of the muzzle on to go then can strip the template off and look at painting

[Image: null_zpsebbc2283.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsabcd0b1a.jpg]

The slot is partly cause I hadn't got the holes in the right place and had to move them up the barrel but officially gives a option for a future mod I have in mind and saves me doing it later Wink

[Image: null_zpse49f6ede.jpg]

Oh forgot also drilled out the fake bolt for a real one

[Image: null_zpsd0bb5761.jpg]
DW2013 to DW2018
Mount point for muzzle done

[Image: null_zps7a3b5cdd.jpg]

Now all the mount points worked out took off the template. Tomorrow will sand the gray back to the steel
[Image: null_zps0217f14d.jpg]
DW2013 to DW2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Build Thread Pipe for Doopy Doo's E-11 and now build Ratchet 16 4,242 Monday 4-Nov-2013, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Ratchet