Hello from Brisbane
Hey everyone!

Finally got around to joining the forums which i'm glad to have done even though i was a little hesitant at first. (Mainly just being shy)
But i did bite the bullet and signed up and i'm really excited because I've wanted to get involved for quite some time now.
I'm looking to create a ANH Stormtrooper, Although i'm a little nervous to have to do modifications to it as i don't believe i'm any good in the creative department so i'm just hoping that posting here i can gain some guidance and possibly be pointed in the right direction to getting this under way.

I know to stay away from ebay (evilbay) and a few other sites that i can't think of at the moment.

Cheers in advance for any advice and help!
Welcome Atlas, tell us a bit about yourself and also join up to FISD, first Imperial stormtrooper detachment, you'll find
It's of help there as well as here.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Hey Atlas,

Welcome to the wonderful world of shiny white Smile

I know well that fear of not being creative and having to cut in to the plastic you just spent so much money on... so ask many questions we are all here to help out.

I will recommend though also joining the forum whitearmor.net (FISD) suggested by MammaSith as well as that the detachment specific to the Shiny Stormtroopers

Also when you say ANH trooper you thinking Stunt or Hero version as there are slight differences to be aware of
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome , Good to see another north side recruit , classic taste in wanting to do a stormtrooper and there is plenty of help available just follow the advice and suggestions given and you can't go far wrong , we will always help where possible . Tell us a bit about yourself .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Welcome Atlas and congratulations on getting over your shyness Cheeky While it can seem to be a bit daunting getting into making a Stormtrooper don't worry too much as you will be able to get plenty ( possibly too much Rolleyes ) of advice from the troopers. The main advice I tell new people is ask questions, it is better to ask too many questions rather than not enough.

Also if you are unsure of what the types of armor are ( stunt or hero ) have a look at the the visual guides here
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
welcome Smile
Welcome, have fun with your research.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome Atlas. Good choice in costume... even if I may be a little biased.
Have fun and research heaps.
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Welcome aboard Atlas. Looks like you have got plenty of advice so all I can say is research and ask lots of questions.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Oh wow, Thanks for all the welcome messages everyone. Makes me wonder to why i was ever shy in the first place about joining! Cheeky

I'm leaning towards the hero version as i feel like i would have the most fun with that, Been doing a fair amount of research over the past few weeks but i'm nowhere near making a decision on where to buy anything so I'll be sure to consult on the forums again.

AP or Authenticprops got back to my email about the untrimmed stuff he creates/sells and from what i have seen he is a reputable seller, I'm just not 100% to what adjustments would be needed to have it 501st approved but I'm sure it can't be that hard to find that information out.

Hopefully once i purchase all my required stuff i might be able to convince somebody to guide me in the right direction to trim and assemble it all and in return I'll provide some beers!
Welcome Atlas!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.