does anyone know where i can get a 2nd hand uniform from just looked up to get biker scout its $730 USd to get one brand new I would be strung up by the wife if i spent that much as we are saving to go to the snow this year for the first time ever. I am 41 and never been before always working at work or parents house , fire station or outlaws place
BN14  
DW2015
DW2016 
DW2017
DW2018
Tie
Honor loyalty courage sacrifice
ADF / QFRES / 501ST / LIFE
Second hand kits or complete costumes aren't much cheaper than a new one. Unless MAJOR work is needed to fix it up. And you will be lucky to buy a second handy that fits you straight out of the box.

A complete Scout will cost around $1000-$1200usd to get finished.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Yep it's an expensive business. The cheapest costume you will do is an Imperial Crewman, but even that will run you close to $300.
what about tie fighter pilot i saw a tie pilot helmet for $160 at sci-fi toys is this an allowed helmet
BN14  
DW2015
DW2016 
DW2017
DW2018
Tie
Highly unlikely. And there is a lot more to a tie pilot than the helmet.

You need to look at the CRLs to see what is required for each costume.

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL
yeah had a look at the CRLs for the pilot the helmet looks like it matches and the rest of the uniform does not have to many parts to it

I really need to be part of this group because I really to change my lifestyle all I seem to to do is work I need the change badly
BN14  
DW2015
DW2016 
DW2017
DW2018
Tie
The beauty of a TIE Pilot costume is, that while you are waiting for the hard armour to arrive, you can troop with the rest of the costume as a reserve pilot, if you get an officers cap. The black coveralls are very universal, and cover a few different outfits.

But whatever you do, post links or pics up on here for second opinions, before you buy anything. The worst thing you can do in this hobby is assume that it's approvable.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Be careful when you see 'cheap' helmets. If they are a Rubies, then usually they are not approvable.

I actually saw a nice looking Rubies TIE Pilot helmet the other day, but I still don't think it would be approvable.

Any 'licensed' costumes are generally not up to scratch. We do try and help people make informed decisions before they part with their money.

We all know this is an expensive hobby, so we hate to see people buy the wrong thing.

I think starting with a TIE Reserve Pilot is a good idea. It will get you one step closer to having the full Pilot, but you'll still be able to troop in the mean time.

As the guys said, it will still cost around $300, which is pretty cheap for a costume. The boots end up being the most expensive part, but they are a good investment, as they end up being useful for other costumes too.
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Ok thanks for the tips
BN14  
DW2015
DW2016 
DW2017
DW2018
Tie
(Monday 3-Mar-2014, 08:28 AM)Sithprincess Wrote:  As the guys said, it will still cost around $300, which is pretty cheap for a costume. The boots end up being the most expensive part, but they are a good investment, as they end up being useful for other costumes too.

IC-Imperial Bridge Crew is the cheapest starting point

Overalls - $100
Boots - $100
Belt - $50
Hat - $50

Then you can upgrade to a TI-Tie Reserve by adding

Gauntlet Gloves - ~$30-50
Communications Pad - $50
only another 4 weeks and i can afford to start putting away some money towards getting some gear
BN14  
DW2015
DW2016 
DW2017
DW2018
Tie
I found a pilot helmet for $169 it says it is a rubies it looks close it is all I can afford at the moment would it be alright to get it and be approved
BN14  
DW2015
DW2016 
DW2017
DW2018
Tie
Are you able to post up a photo of it here, so the right people can check it out for you?
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Rubies..... *shudder*....
Move along...
Tried to post photo but not sure on how to the helmet is on ebay under sci-fi store
BN14  
DW2015
DW2016 
DW2017
DW2018
Tie