Keen to start buying and building Trooper costume
Hi all, new to this Forum thing, so where do I start.
It has been a dream of mine ever since I saw Star Wars in1977 to dress up like a Storm Trooper, and now I am ready to take the first steps.
costume, any and all help appreciated not sure where to start looking.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome to the Redbacks ! Tell us a bit about yourself and check out the Costume Reference library, let us know what costume you like and then we can point you in the right direction. Do not buy off eBay, make sure you ask here first you don't want to buy items that aren't approvable.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome, we can always do with new stormtroopers.

There is lots of information on recommended armour makers here www.whitearmor.net

As MammaSith said, don't buy anything off ebay, and don't believe costume is 501st approvable just because the website selling it says that it is. Hint: The approvable armour makers don't advertise openly.

The CRL defines what you need to get approved for a particular costume. Here's the list of all the stormtrooper variations:

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL
Thanks Bullant and Mammasith
Amour will be either Hero or Stunt, although i think I'm leaning more towards Hero.
But is the Stunt easier to see through due to the lenses???? hmmm.

With Stunt the lenses are flat and easier as Bubble lenses do distort the vision to varying degrees depending on the making of them

You can get approved in a hero with flat lenses but if you choose to go up the accuracy levels (which is optional to you) you do have to have bubble lenses in, but again can always choose to swap out as required
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Thanks all for the warm welcome.
I am currently checking out E11 blaster, found some on ebay made buy hasbro looks like they are from Disney World Star Tours, wondering if the Doopy upgrade kit is suitable for these?? They call it the Star Wars galactic Empire Blastech E11

Doopy doo is designed for hasbro and is my normal every day trooping blaster
DW2013 to DW2018
I guess the next question is , customs, this E11 is in original packaging with StarWars plastered all over it, its from the US is it going to get through??
Thanks Duras

no probs...

Customs is from what I've seen around the forums more dependant on who you get on the day Smile

There is a import request you can fill in so that if Customs stop it you can wave your piece of paper to say its been approved.
Others have had stuff come in no issues (e.g. my doopy doo orders have come straight to the door every time no probs)

but I did have a friend of a friend get me a hasbro one and when they posted it over it got stopped and sent back (they brought it over when they visited the mutual friend later in the year) but I dont know if the was Customs causing problems or maybe they simply didnt complete the right postage paperwork that was the issue as all comms was between the mutual friend
DW2013 to DW2018
Thank you
will check out the customs forms

Anyone got armor from ATA, pro and cons would be good expensive or reasonable etc

(Tuesday 6-May-2014, 10:19 AM)Sly11 Wrote:  I guess the next question is , customs, this E11 is in original packaging with StarWars plastered all over it, its from the US is it going to get through??
Thanks Duras

I got 2 Hasbro Star Wars blasters sent to me via a friend in the States last year. We had no problems getting them and did not have to complete any extra paperwork, other than the customs dec that is on all parcels. Our friend left them in the original packaging (so you could clearly see they were toys) and wrote on the customs dec: "TOY Star wars blaster. Star Wars toys."
They have both now been modified using the Doopy's kit and I have one, while my hubby has the other (and yes we can tell them apart).
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Well i have now taken my second step to slowly becoming a fully fledged member of the Red backs.
Bit the bullet and ordered a E-11 full resin kit from Doopy, I'm calling it Project 1,and I will be using the awesome build guide both on here and on FISD. once complete, i will move onto the next stage. Bucket build, Open to suggestions for the best ANH Hero helmet kit to look for and who to contact also for an icom or similar.

if you want a iComm the guy who makes them sells them on his web site
http://www.voicebooster.com/icomm-imperi...ystem.html

another option is a RomFX bit more expensive (and can be long waits I hear) but you don't need a separate amplifier
http://www.romfx.com/

I have a RomFX and so far its either really worth the cost or I have not got it set up right yet

I believe a lot of troopers just use a Aker amplifier and leave it at that
DW2013 to DW2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New and keen Clone Trooper Elect JezBravo 2 1,174 Wednesday 16-Jun-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Bolt_2112
  Hyped!, Excited, Keen. Hydro 3 6,240 Thursday 7-May-2015, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Dw
  Newbie looking to start a Boba Fett costume Jasonic88 3 6,217 Sunday 19-Apr-2015, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Teiwaz