Joining info
Hi, i have been interested in joining the 501st for a few years now after buying the dvd. I was wondering if there was a certain provider that people went through when getting there kits. i am looking at the full armour and helmet kit from rspropmaster.com but not wanting to spend that much money for no reason. i was also wondering about other requirements before joining, i am over 18 and willing to purchase a costume, is there anything else?
Hi Asho, welcome to the Redbacks.
Head on over to www.whitearmor.net and sign up to the FISD, this is where you can get in contact with other vetted armour makers.
RS is a great armour, but it depends on your height weight etc, as some armours are suited to particular body types.
How tall and what is your build?

There is an approval process once you have your armour, but it's all straight forward stuff.
The name of this game research, research, research and it looks like you have a good start on that already.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Thanks heaps i will check it out and see what comes up.
I am 5"4 so only short and weigh like nothing (50kg). I will see what i can find, Thanks again...
AP (authentic Props) armour would fit you well with a little modification.
Are you aware that many of the kits are exactly that, and you need to trim the parts to your size and then assemble them your self. FISD is an unbelievable resource for everything Stormtrooper, known as TK's and it's going to seem overwhelming at first, but you will find loads of help both there and here in the forums.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome asho,

As Sly said its all about the research.

One thing I can add though is to come over and have a chat to us at the upcoming Brisbane supanova where you can have a bit of a chat (if your going that is) or one of our other upcoming events. We do have troopers in that height range so I'm sure they can pass on anything they have learnt as well.
DW2013 to DW2018
i will be trying to get to Bris supernova depending on work but would love to have a chat with a few people. I am aware i will be assembling and trimming the kit and i am having a look at the forums on whitearmour thanks
Hi Asho and welcome.

You seem to have been pointed in the right direction if you want stormtrooper armour head over to FISD and look for the recommended sellers there.

As for joining info have a read of this link http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720 it will give you a good run down on how to become a member. If you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
(Tuesday 28-Oct-2014, 10:37 PM)Asho Wrote:  Thanks heaps i will check it out and see what comes up.
I am 5"4 so only short and weigh like nothing (50kg). I will see what i can find, Thanks again...

(Tuesday 28-Oct-2014, 10:44 PM)Sly Wrote:  AP (authentic Props) armour would fit you well with a little modification.

Hi Asho,
I'm 5"2 and have AP armour - Happy to have a chat and show you my armour if you are heading to SupaNova. (Otherwise I am sure there will be another troop or meet up at some point in time)
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Hi and welcome to the Forums Asho..what part of Qld do you hail from..we probably have members in your area..
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
i live in park wood, gold coast.
Ahh Longfin territory.. lots of keen troopers in your area..Doppeldaumen1
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome Asho, there's quite a few of us on the Coast Smile
Hi Asho, welcome I live at Kingston so if you need help or anything let me know
TK 19749