Altair's Resin Doopydoos E11 Build
Guess it looked small due to photo, I noticed T-Jay mentioned the same thing over on FISD..
Bolt change looks good but the angle may still be a touch too great. Are you checking against any reference?
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Im going to thin it out a little more and adjust the angle, I'm using various reference pics from FISD and also pics of real sterling.
Nice build,
Cheers
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Bit more work on the doopys Smile

Using a plastic tube for the inner bolt, I drilled a hole to secure the cocking handle using a bolt, nut and washer.

[Image: Rlyr4wt.jpg]

The diameter of the plastic tubing was increased at the end to prevent it rattling around inside

[Image: QFrjbrc.jpg]

Here it is inside...

[Image: SnGxbKR.jpg]

[Image: jP4WyvS.jpg]
Your blaster is coming along nicely, Altair. It'll be great to see it finished.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
I've cleaned up the chamber for the inner bolt, using an exacto knife around the edges to give more depth. I've also thinned out and adjusted the angle of the bolt.

[Image: WX7l4gK.jpg]

With some left over aluminum that I used for the scope rail, I cut and bent (at a 90 degree angle) a bracket to mount the counter. This seems to be pretty stable.

[Image: zPyKTJQ.jpg]

To mount the folding stock, I added screws to the pivot points

[Image: 5X6IkVx.jpg]

And also added another screw to lock in the other end

[Image: jaV0Lre.jpg]

This still had some very slight movement (side to side), so I made the screw thicker using some electrical tape and added a layer of black heat shrink to prevent it from ever coming undone.

[Image: ED5J1Js.jpg]

On the magazine holder, I put a large screw down the middle to help mount it to the barrel. I also put some "pins" in to mount the magazine

[Image: 0vvTMQ1.jpg]

For added strength and stability, I've added screws and pins to the handle too.... Also made my mark on the handle, even though it will be hidden Smile

[Image: xYLpu0s.jpg]

I think I'll just pin everything!

[Image: x7J2nO2.jpg]

Here is most parts mounted now for a test fit... nothing is glued as this point, only pins and screws holding it together

[Image: qf1iKhD.jpg]

[Image: k8icl1Q.jpg]

[Image: QhMQwmO.jpg]
Good work mate , really nice progress .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
A little more modification to the Hengstler.. What good is a counter with no numbers? Time to fix that!

Here is the doopys counter out of the box

[Image: 7gFZVfK.jpg]

First job is to remove the resin display and sand it flat

[Image: UGlmfEc.jpg]

Thanks to Simon (SIMpixels @ FISD) I had a nice template with all the measurements to cut out the holes for my counter button and display

[Image: 0nmUJWj.jpg]

Time to cut some holes! I ended up drawing my measurements on the counter.. but a more accurate/easier way would have been to actually print and stick the template to the counter. Also I cut a button out of the originals doopys resin magazine that I replaced Smile

[Image: xCMYcEO.jpg]

Next I cut a piece of plexiglass to size... its a little thick but its all I had available. I know this needs to have a curved shape to it but I've not polished this stuff before (any tips??), so for now it will remain square with the edges smoothed

[Image: uwhJPqV.jpg]

Handy tip for test fitting, wrap some tape around the display so it can be easily pulled out Smile

[Image: hjQgHk8.jpg]

Another thank you to Simon (SIMpixels @ FISD) for whipping me up a counter display with my TK ID

[Image: BWT3O0L.jpg]

Another test fit... Once I have finished painting it black (and possibly shaped a curved piece of plexiglass) I will put it all back together Smile

[Image: 2FemDar.jpg]
Nice work mate looks good
TK 19749
A small update...

I've made an inner spring by wrapping steel wire around a marker

[Image: bvy5TBH.jpg]

I've got 11 x visible coils

[Image: 2Y6YDu8.jpg]
Beautiful work Altair!!! Loving the thread...your detail is exceptional!!
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Doing an amazing job on the E11 build.Notworthy Smile
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16
You make it look easy, reassures noobs like me that its not unachievable at my level. I gotta start practicing.
I have only now discovered that my Doopy's kit did not include a Bayonet Lug - Part Number 16

I've had this kit for about 6 months now, I've emailed Doopys about the missing piece...

[Image: 97Dog24.jpg]

Anyways I've started making a replacement part myself out of green stuff... first I squashed some green stuff into a basic rectangle shape and left over night to cure

[Image: zTchf2c.jpg]

Sanded this down to a smaller rectangular shape

[Image: T0FoRr3.jpg]

Started shaping the piece based on images I found around the net

[Image: sup1oGX.jpg]

[Image: pRLk3V0.jpg]

Here it is sitting on the barrel...

[Image: WHCRfs6.jpg]

So I'm not finished yet... I need some hi-res close up pics of this part so I can confirm the shape and possibly some measurements... can someone help me out?
Nothing Green Stuff can't solve! Looking Great!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doopydoos E11 CUBE 2 1,340 Wednesday 5-Sep-2018, 02:47 PM
Last Post: TerrorFirma
Build Thread Sly's first build E-11 Doopy full resin Sly 51 13,134 Sunday 12-Aug-2018, 03:04 PM
Last Post: CUBE
Build Thread Altair's Resin PA DC-17 Build Altair 11 3,405 Sunday 14-Feb-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Studio 49