Redback Garrison

Full Version: Springwood Blood Bank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Saturday 3-Jul-2010, 10:55 PM)APOK Wrote: [ -> ]
(Saturday 3-Jul-2010, 06:59 PM)muppet Wrote: [ -> ]ps Adam, remember Sandtroopers are always right

Damn straight we are always right. Us Sandies are the hardest working troopers in the galaxy.Hehehe

pffft sandies, can't even shoot 1 man with 7 of them. Hehehe
Thanks for a great day guys.

Apok did you find out who the photographer was working for.

Would like to keep an eye out, see how they turned out.
Getting copies sent to me via email hopefully in the not too distant future. Will chase them up if I haven't seen them this time next week.
His badge said he was from the Quest newspaper, so I'll keep an eye on my local paper, and online as well.

Update - Some photos HERE
This is on the FRONT PAGE of Today's Albert and Logan News...Smile

[Image: AlbertandLoganNews_BloodBankTroop.jpg]
Some one should post that on the legion boards in the thread they have there.

They'd be interested in seeing that.

Good stuff..... Would be good to get a large print of the big pic for Convention displays.
great work getting on the paper!
I did a Hi res scan of it, and I still have the paper here. Might try to scan the whole front page some time.
Thats incredible!! :D
I hope this works (Just ask Mouldman and Moxxxie about my ineptness with computers). Here is a like for some of the photos from the day. Hope to get the paper article in an electronic format direct from the paper this week too.

http://albert-and-logan.whereilive.com.a...ate-blood/
I know the photographer Steve - used to share house with him - nice guy
Awesome stuff!
Just as an after note to this - That was the first time I have donated blood.
Yesterday I received a little letter and a card in the mail, which tells me my blood type.

I'm AB positive, which comprises 2% of Australia's population.... But I can receive every different blood type there is if I need it..Smile

Woohoo!

[Image: admin%5Cfile%5Ccontent1%5Cc3%5Cbloodgrap...maller.jpg]

[Image: admin%5Cfile%5Ccontent1%5Cc3%5Caa_bloodTypes_graph.gif]
My young fella Nathan is also AB+, so you're group are selfishRolleyes Im AB+
I received a call from the Red Cross last week asking if I would like to donate plasma. I then informed them that i had had a melanoma removed, which now means, I cannot donate for 5 years. Pretty dissapointed.
Pages: 1 2