Redback Garrison

Full Version: Luxeon conversion on a saber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't suppose anyone has ever done a luxeon conversion on a lightsaber before? From what I understand, it give you the ability to remove the blade from a MR saber (and also swap blades for duelling).
The custom saber shop seem to sell the parts, but when I look under the Maul conversion, I'm told I need to buy other bits that aren't included in the 'kit'. So I end up thoroughly lost.

The theory for the conversion is (besides level two certification) - The batteries leaked through the electronics. I (read: Dad of Awesomeness) managed to get the saber to power up. One side hasn't got sound (Muppet discovered that one side works fine when he put his power pack in, but couldn't get the other half to work) so the motion sensors may still work, but I can't test that without sound. So, to actually get to the motion detector and sound board, I need to take the entire saber apart. By the time I've done that, I'm halfway through the work of doing a complete conversion.

The more I think about it, I'd have to buy a new soundboard as well. So it may very well end up cheaper to just save for an ultrasaber.

Thoughts or advice?