Redback Garrison

Full Version: 2 sets GA Mando Armour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So both my kids are GA's but they need a costume. About a week ago my oldest Bree asked me to build her some armour. I asked her what she wanted and her reply was "Mando armour like Liz and Baytrooper". Cool no problem. Then Lex, my youngest comes up and says "Me too". Ok, 2 sets to be built. Oh and they want it for DW next year. I guess it's time to start some custom Mandos.

This is going to be a slow process. Banghead
I look forward to seeing your build of these. There is no doubt they will both be sensational looking kits.
Redback standard
If you want some free painters buckets to make the armour from let me know
Excellent, looking forward to seeing these come together Whitey.
I can vouch for the painters buckets mate (as per the pics I showed you the other day)
I'm confident you'll think up something awesome... as usual.
So I had a spare RC bucket laying around so I decided to cut it up and make it into a Mando bucket.

[Image: IMAG00521_zpsf1qloxhc.jpg]

Then I cut the snout off.

[Image: IMAG00571_zpsxgosind3.jpg]

Once the snout was off I marked out the visor and marked all the areas that need to be cut off.

[Image: IMAG00581_zpscof2fe7j.jpg]

[Image: IMAG00591_zpsmrgxhbaq.jpg]

[Image: IMAG00641_zpsykyqqizd.jpg]

[Image: IMAG00651_zpsk6cuv243.jpg]

[Image: IMAG00661_zpsmwjfmlp8.jpg]

[Image: IMAG00671_zpsokghauwb.jpg]

I then marked out the visor surround onto EVA foam and contact glued it onto the bucket.

[Image: IMAG01101_zpso9wixqi3.jpg]

Then I proceeded to cut out the cheeks and heat them into shape and attach them.

[Image: IMAG01111_zpsswffabgg.jpg]

[Image: IMAG01121_zpsksp16axx.jpg]

[Image: IMAG01651_zpsbrmq69by.jpg]

[Image: IMAG01661_zpscjtekokb.jpg]

So that's it for now. Let's how it goes.
Nice mate, looking good so farSmile

Terror
I haven't finished the bucket yet but I thought I would start on the armour. This is the left thigh, I'm basing it on Bo Katan but it will be heavily modified. I thought I'd try my hand at Pepekura. This is the shape of the thigh, now I need to resin it, bog it and make is look smooth and pretty.

[Image: IMAG00891_zpsqmmpg8wn.jpg]

[Image: IMAG00901_zpsbo1anmio.jpg]

[Image: IMAG00911_zpsvf0bs7bi.jpg]

[Image: IMAG00921_zpsgxxi7qis.jpg]

[Image: IMAG00931_zpszfbrnabm.jpg]
Both thighs.

[Image: l1q1BoDl.jpg]

Both shins.

[Image: m2r85LPl.jpg]

[Image: Z6zxlgQl.jpg]

[Image: FflmNJTl.jpg]

[Image: BRNaOx5l.jpg]