Redback Garrison

Full Version: Hasbro DH17 Blaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive recently my AotC TR approved, and although I have a forcepike, after speaking to other TRs its sometimes easier to use a blaster at some events. And I can also use a blaster with my ID Staff Officer.
So a big thanks to Muppet for holding ontto and selling me the Hasbro DH17 Blaster. And thanks to Mammasith too for organising a holster. I plan to spruce this up over the next few weeks.
[Image: V2E14j8.jpg]
Also picked ujp a D ring from spotlight today. The plan of attack is to sand down the Hasbro and Star Wars logos. The plan t o paint it up. A coat of black, followed by chrome, then black. The "nerf pullback" part, I plan to measure out, saw off so only a nub is left. In the nub I plan to drill a hole and attach the d ring
Excellent. I look forward to seeing how it comes up.
Sounds like a plan mate! Hope it turns out perfect
Its been a little while since I got my teeth into this...FIFO work and study keep getting in the way lately Sad
Anywhose, since I had a quiet period this afternoon, I thought Id get into it.
Star Wars Logo dremeled off
[Image: GqkClQv.jpg]

And gave it the first undercoat
[Image: VleyJwD.jpg]
Its been a long time between drinks. I had painted the orginal DH-17, but needed to make some adjustments to become approvable.

I had Dremeled off the Star Wars raised logo. I have since sanded that a lot smoother.

[Image: 10funOB.jpg]

On the other side I have done a bit more work.  I have sanded down the writing and serial number. I have removed the Nerf Holder and I have filled in the screw holes with putty.

[Image: JMm6VbG.jpg]

Hopefully we get a bit of sunshine tomorrow so I can re-paint. How does that look? PS thanks to the Rebel Legion for a detailed pictured post on how to convert the blaster
Not sure if it needs a D-ring on the back to be approvable. Are you able to sand the sides a bit smoother with some fine grit sandpaper? Otherwise heading in the right direction
Tamiya make a putty in a tube that you wipe on with a finger , like a small toothpaste tube and a similar consistency, great for hiding scratches and marks , dries quick and easy to sand and paint over , will hide all your marks .
Thanks Nightwing and Cyclops.
I grabbed some finer sandpaper from Bunnings. Ive used a putty (also from Bunnings) that I use when 3D printing.
Ive re-painted the Blaster in a Matt Black, and then a light coat of black gloss, so it looks like the metal sheen has rubbed off and dulled in places. Ive also lightly dried brushed silver/chrome to some areas that naturally would get bumped, to appear as scratches of bare metal. Finally gave it a black wash over the silver parts, to give it that grime and lived....

I apologise, Im having a bit of difficulty transfering imsges atm..http://imgur.com/gallery/tgcDJrl[attachment=5022] [attachment=5023]