Redback Garrison

Full Version: Troop Report - Pink Stumps Day 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Date: 9th March 2019

Venue:
Stafford Heights State School
95 Redwood Street,
Stafford Heights QLD,
Stafford Heights 4053

Time: 0830 - 1430

Mission: To once raise some money for the McGrath Foundation by playing a game of 20/20 cricket in our armour…..in Summer.....technically Autumn.....but geez it was like Summer.  Really hot!!!!!

Trooper Attendance:
RBG: TKID and username/costume

Team lists at this thread.

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread...light=pink

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
Wranglers etc.

See above thread link for our amazing Pink Ladies and helpers.

Details: Once again the Emperor's XI and Death Stars battled it our for the Craig "The Sniper" Budge memorial trophy.  The day started out ok, but the heat turned up as Mother Nature decided to shine a massive light on this event.....stupid sun.

The Emps won the toss and sent the Stars into bat.  The opening pairing of Chiro and Apok cemented a massive target from the get go with 53 and 35 respectively.  A respectable knock from the XO and the Stars finished on 6/155.  A massive target.

After a lunch break the Emps went into bat. After a slow star their captain hitthe crease and started to smack the ball all over the park.  Unfortunately it was not enough and a tail end collapse ended the Emps on all out for 83. 
Still this was a completely amazing day and once again showed that we can have a fun day playing like loons and still raise csome money for charity. 

This day is what the Garrison is meant to be all about.  A group of people getting together and having some fun.  Sharing the common interest of dressing up as plastic spacemen.  We ended up just under $60 for our target goal, but that is ok.  The smiles we put on the publics face, and or own troopers faces was worth sweating like dogs.

A massive thanks to the Kayle and her Pink Ladies once again for doing the harder work of cooking and selling food, drinks and raffle tickets.

A big thanks to Rick for donating the drinks from Coke and to Sara Payne for organising the sausages and bread for free as well.

Once again this was a great team effort.  I hope more of you want to come next year.

Charity Funds Raised: $1942.40

Injuries / Malfunctions: A few armour bites and aching muscles after the event.  Our hard working GEC, Baytrooper, went down with a bit of heat stroke and tummy troubles.  We did have to call an ambulance, but it seems his tummy got the better of him not the heat so much.  He has made a full recovery and is back at work for us.  As GCO I did not dock him any hours and paid him his full salary Peace .  What a great guy I am.

Public Incidents: No cars were damaged. Whew!

Mission Status: A massive success.  A big thanks to our top donors for the event.  Kelz and Mr Sparkelz organised a $515 donation from Whatalec.  Awesome effort guys!!!!  As always Snipers family, Faith and Paul Gray, donated a fantastic $200.

Photos
Was a really great event to kick start the social calendar, pretty good coin and a fun day .
Great result and an awesome day.
Was a great day again , thank you to Slide Effect for stepping up and taking over the organising while I was dealing with some family matters. Thank you Squid too for your help with the raffle prizes and helping me . Sara your a legend as always !!
Was a great day had heaps of fun