Redback Garrison

Full Version: Coyotes Kashyyyk build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This Kashyyyk build is my first 501st costume build and is thanks to the generosity of Uncle Apok who donated me the kit .
We started by stripping the original paintwork and resizing all of the armor to suit my build . Once the armor was stripped and primed it was given a base coat of MTN94 paint in black and then the base colour over top .
With the help of Slide Effect and Uncle Tim (O-evil one ) we have used a set of laser cut stencils and airbrush to reproduce the CGI camo on the original armor , the Blu-ray screenshots shot a large range of colours actually appear in the camouflage pattern and utilise blending and overlays to achieve the affect , the camo carries through to the cummerbund ,Molle straps and pouches .

This is a screenshot showing the colour spectrum and cummerbund with camo and Molle webbing .

All components were resized and stripped of paint .

Used plastic fusion to get the seamless finish required for the back tank installation.

Both the lower leg armor and biceps were substantially reduced and again plastic fusion gave a perfect seamless finish .

We MTN paints are outstanding for clone type 501st builds due to the colour range in excess of 200 colours .

Tamiya have a great range of airbrush colours , Dad and Wendell did the airbrush work , there was a couple of different incarnations before the final version was decided on , I’m really happy with the results so far .

I’m really hoping to have the project finished so I can be approved close to my 18th birthday.
Looks great. Much better than being stuck in a box for 10 years haha. Nice build thread as well.
Nice one mate.  You've probably heard this a lot, but in this instance it's worth it.  Listen to your parents Hehehe
We will be referencing Bolt and Bally’s build threads on this one , given the additional discovery by Bolt regarding Greebs it will make for consistency.
Looking good! Interesting how this kit comes with ABS drop boxes.
(Sunday 10-Apr-2022, 06:00 PM)Bolt_2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good! Interesting how this kit comes with ABS drop boxes.

Just got excited and painted everything, cod and drop boxes need to be cloth covered .  Smile
Thanks to Mammasith the cod piece that was scratch built from EVA and fibreglass and drop boxes are fabric covered and ready for paint , additional bicep greeblie that was found on the blueray by Bolt has been scratch built from ABS and painted .
New paint added to covered parts , straps , greeblies and padding added to biceps , chest armor and tank shims fitted , toying with the idea of fully enclosing the armor
Wow awesome!