Redback Garrison

Full Version: looking for Royal Guard info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gday all I have been interested in Star Wars for 30 years and have seen your work for a while but after seeing some of you at Auscon on the weekend I would like to get involved with the 501st.

As for costumes my first preference would be for Royal Guard, second choice is a Spec Ops scout trooper. Can you give me some pointers/links on where I can get started.

Cheers Bryan
Hey dude,

welcome to the forums, Muppet can help you with the costumes

What day did you go to Auscon?
Welcome to the forums Bryan & the RBG.

PM Muppet, he's usually the first port of call & hope to see you around the way.
There will be a AP on the 28th of this month on the GC, look in upcoming events if your interested in attending.

Jag
Gday mate,

For the royal guard it would help to sign up to the forcepike forums as well.

http://www.forcepike.net/

I have a guard and they are fun to wear but get very hot with all the robes.
Also Bryan you might want to book mark this thread I started. It is a list of abbreviations, when I first joined people were chucking them around and I had no idea what they where talking about, So I went searching and found this list. We have added more on to it and are adding to it when we need to.

Glossary of Abbreviations
Well Bryan you've come to the right place, you never find a more wretched hive of... oh sorry meant great bunch of people. :P
Welcome Bryan,

Always good to have more Guards.

Sith
Welcome aboard mate. Where abouts do you hail from?
Welcome Bryan

As Redpaint said, sign up on the Forcepike forum, as that is the 501st detachment forum for guards.

Ken
Welcome!
Welcome along....chat to muppet and as redpaint said check out the website.
Ok guys thanks for that, I was expecting that I would need some more armor rather than just the helmet but sounds as though wearing velvet cloak in QLD may get a bit warm - I may just attend air conditioned venues.

Just a few other things about myself, I was at Auscon all 3 days playing with WW2 minis, that and ninjitsu have been my main hobby focus over the years. Im Born and bred in Brisbane - I did spent time in Mt Isa and Toowoomba but not for too long. I have always had a few friends into reinacting ( mostly Knights and American Civil War) and more recently Cosplay, but have never quite jumped into it myself. But of all the groups Star Wars has been the one that I keep coming back too so I though I'd give it a try.

Most of the outfits we wear are hot & uncomfartable, if they werent, we'd probably wear them all the time Smile
The royals not too bad, you actually with a breeze around get good ventilation under your robes, & when in aour you'll always suss out were the ventilation vents are & where you can stand to catch the draft, troopers intuition
Welcome to the Redbacks
And remember, once you go black you'll never go back
Hi mate, yeah agree with Rents, if there is a breeze around, it helps get a bit of the hot air out, besides when the red cloaks start to flow in the wind its looks awesome! Go thru the forums on forcepike, i looked at them for ages before i decided to go the way i did with mine, just research research research!