Redback Garrison

Full Version: Microsoft Convention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Date: 1st september 2011

Venue: Microsoft Convention

Time: 12.30-1.30pm and 6.30-10.00pm

Mission: To promote star wars and to rasie money for the starlight foundation

Trooper Attendance:
Jimcricket
Tachyon
Bigmac
Phantom

Support Crew:
Mould Man
Deltorn

Detail:
01.30 hours, receved transmisson.....NERDS!!!!! So many nerds.....need re-enforcements....can't......hold out.....much long.........., end transmisson.
On september 1st, the call went out, we answered and this is our story.

Early Thursday morning I, Jimcricket, gathered my fellow troopers Bigmac and Deltorn, in the sliver Corollacosta. Then headed to the landing zone at the Gold Coast Convention Center. After much delay with our local contact we able to detail at green room to suit up. (it had a fridge and a bathroon Smile ). At 12.30pm we entered the main convention room only to be overwelmed by the local delegates. Being outnumbered and outgunned we had to rely on our diplomacy. Usally diplomacy does not come easy to us troopers, but after interacting with the locals it was obvious that they saw us as some sort of gods. This was used to our advantage. Earning the the trust of these people by posing with them for holopics. Also myself and Bigmac were invited to partake in a simulation unit called a kinect. This was very amusing to the delegates. After securing the area we moved to our fallback position (the pub) and made the distress call. For there would be more of these 'nerds' coming later that night and we would need re-enforcements.

Apok joined us first to debreif us on the current mission and to join us my celabration of my release date from my clone pod (aka my B'day) soon Tachyon, Mould Man and the Phantom joined us to take up the fight. There were twice as many of us but this still would not be an easy feat, for on this night there would be over 2000 of them.

18.30pm me and my fellow troopers suited up back in the green room (there were sandwiches as well this time :P) and tried to mentally prepare ourselves for the night ahead. We would need our wits about us. Yet again we were welcomed by the locals. There were 'many' more holopics taken. We were invited to play on these kinect simulators and but we soon declined after realising that this was meant for Jedi training. The night turned into a blur of posing for holopics, odd conversations and odd requests. A rhythm game caught the eye of Tachyon and myself. So the challange was on. Tachyon didn't know who he was up against. The area we were confined to was soon thinning out after the delegates had there fill of the local alcohol, so the troopers and I set out in other areas to patrol. We found a what seemed to be pod races (go karts). This was a great oppurtunity for crowd control. Of course there were more holopics. Towards the end of the patrol the crowd was thinning out even more, so it was a good time to challange some of these 'Nerds' to a game of ping pong.

We survived this day of days. Back in the green room there was much celebration for a successful mission. Maybe a few chants for Jimcrickets B'day as well. We departed from this venue and went our seperate ways into the night.

Charity Funds Raised:$1000

Injuries: None

Malfunctions:Tachyon needed to polish and glue his armor before he went on this troop.

Public Incidents:A few in intoxicated business men being a bit rough and handsy. Nothing our wranglers couldn't handle.

Mission Status: We came, we saw, we trooped

Photos:
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...Australia/
Also Mould Man did a wicked video that can be seen here TROOPER VID

[Image: IMG_2609.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2625.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2685.jpg]
Another awesome report Jim. should get you to do them more often Wink

Well done guys, great score and awesome moves. :dancingtk:
Nice one Troopers Doppeldaumen1

jAG
awesome report!

Quote:Towards the end of the protrol the crowd was thining, it was a good time to challange some of these 'Nerds' to a game of pingpong.

[Image: IMG_2703.jpg?t=1315010630]

Now this is where you needed me! :P
Great report Jim....had a great night out...great job troopers and our wonderful wranglers who stepped in when needed well done guys
That race car pic looks awesome
Great day at the office troopers and $1000 donation !!!
Looks like it was a blast, great pics and vid!
Well done, Redbacks.
Nice one guys, well done.

Looks like you guys had a fun day/night.
Good job lads. Shame I could have a beer in the debrief...what a shame haha.
Nice work guys
Looks like you had a great time.
Microsoft were very generous for the time we put in. The troopers did a great job dealing with the drunken geeks. I have to say though, for a Microsoft convention, nearly everyone there were carrying iPhones. I'm sure we did a much better job than any paid actor could have done under those circumstances, if we aren't invited back next year I'd be very surprised.
it was a great troop, a big thanks to the wranglers mouldman and deltorn.

love the photos and the video, and what a good troop report there jimmy.

Del - I think the Microsoft Tech Ed is in a different city each year - the 501st might get invited, but it might not be us. Fingers crossed they pick NQ for next year!
Superb trooping, guys! Love the report too, Jim!

The pics look great!
Great report! Well done troopers, and Mouldman for his great clip!
Pages: 1 2