Redback Garrison

Full Version: Sunnybank State School Fireworks Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Date:
Tuesday 6 December 2011

Venue:
Sunnybank State School

Time:
6pm

Mission:
Support the school and spread the word of the Empire

Trooper Attendance:
Beanine
Hopfot
Draco
Phantom

Guest Trooper Attendance:
Deltorn

Support Crew:
Draco

Detail:
Arriving at the venue I was met by father to be Draco. We collected our gear and moved onto the premises surveying and keeping an eye out for rebel scum.
We were met by a lovely lady a teacher of the younglings who offered the two troopers a place to get changed. A quick comm check with POC Beanie we found we are in the wrong place. We thanked the teacher and met up with Beanie who directed us to the correct area where we met up with trooper Hopfot. A short time later we were joined by Deltorn a nice surprise to boost the troop numbers.
After a brief chat to discuss the mission we started to get ready. Draco to his disbelief forgot his helmet and a bit of ummming and ahhing he decided to head back to his domicile to collect it.
[Image: DSC00193.jpg]
At the designated time we headed out to mingle and enforce the dark lords will on the younglings. Met with astonished looks and a few double takes we moved silently into the great hall. Deciding not to take the attention from the performers we moved outside.
Instantly mobbed by younglings hyped up on an local treat called 'fairy floss'. Lots of high five, and knuckle bumps. Many photos taken. Trooper Hopfot was in deep conversation and I believe he was trying to convince the young man to join the dark side. The three storm troopers where given nicknames by some young girls, shorty, medium and tally...I will let you figure out who is who Smile. Trooper Beanie was constantly mistaken for the Dark Lord Vader, but to his credit he never accepted it and pointed out that he wasn't Vader, just as well because I am sure that punishment would be swift and painful.
We then went on a recon patrol through the grounds. Trooper Draco joined us out of uniform as he forgot his neck seal, just as well as a lot of sugar and kids the tall imposing figure of Draco in the background kept check on all. The smells of the foods sent the troopers mouths watering. A steel drum band was playing and trooper Hopfot could not contain himself and started a bit of only what can be described as a shuffle to the beat and was joined in by one of the musicians. Moving through the grounds we met some of the Queensland Reds and took a photo opportunity with their silverware. Trooper Phantom took part in the pass the ball through a hole game and passed with a direct shot right through the middle, who said storm troopers lacked accuracy.
[Image: DSC00196.jpg]
Again on the move we went to an inflatable castle. Asked if we would be joining the younglings on this particular fun event we had to decline as we are on duty. Moving back to the main area we were invited to try out the steel band and we tried our hands at the Jamaican rhythms....massive fail...just noise no rhythm.
[Image: DSC00205.jpg]
Thanking the band we moved to an area near a coffee van which was so very inviting.
As time was getting on most people where getting ready for the fireworks show so we decided to move back to our room de-armour and go out as civilians and check out a couple of things. Trooper Deltorn couldn't avoid the allure of a nice strong coffee.
Deciding to call an end to our mission we bid farewell to each other and passing our best wishes onto father to be Draco. Not knowing that that evening his lovely wife was to give birth to their second son Cody.

Charity Funds Raised:
Nil

Injuries:
Nil

Malfunctions:
Strap on Phantoms armour came off and a small crack noticed in his cod piece.
Not really a malfunction....All of Dracos dramas
Deltorn had holster and blaster issues

Public Incidents:
An incident did occur when a young man that trooper Hopfot was dancing with thought it would be good to leap into his arms...fail...trooper Hopfot didn't catch him. No physical injury to the young man but I think he was a little embarrsed.

Mission Status:
Complete success. We have already been invited back next year.

Photos:
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...as%20fair/
That's just great! What an event you Troops had. Doppeldaumen1
Sweet thank you for that, was gonna start writing that up this arvo after work... thank you to draco for taking the pics and for each trooper that trooped. thank you!
Good job, guys! Doppeldaumen1
Lets not forget me getting punched by hoppy, knocked the fan right out of the bucket... no seriously, it did.
That's a story I'd like to hear. What did you do to upset him? Lol
great work, must get trooper checklist fitted to my storage gear... Smile
(Friday 9-Dec-2011, 10:22 AM)Buzzard Wrote: [ -> ]That's a story I'd like to hear. What did you do to upset him? Lol

He was doing a "down low, too slow" to a kid and pulled his hand across and whacked me one. Would have been fun to watch but sucked from my point of veiw.
(Friday 9-Dec-2011, 12:32 PM)Deltorn Wrote: [ -> ]
(Friday 9-Dec-2011, 10:22 AM)Buzzard Wrote: [ -> ]That's a story I'd like to hear. What did you do to upset him? Lol

He was doing a "down low, too slow" to a kid and pulled his hand across and whacked me one. Would have been fun to watch but sucked from my point of veiw.

From my point of view it was a kid doing the too slow to me, So I said "high five" pulled my hand back and *THWAK* thought 'bugger I've just hit someone' look right 'oh good, it's just Deltorn'

Gave a good backhand square to the head between the eyes :P.

Sorry mate.
That would have been a sight to see. Smile

(Thursday 8-Dec-2011, 11:08 PM)Deltorn Wrote: [ -> ]...knocked the fan right out of the bucket...

Do you mean the small item that blows air around or the fanatic in the armour. I imagine Hoppy can throw quite a punch. :P
(Tuesday 13-Dec-2011, 03:35 PM)Buzzard Wrote: [ -> ]That would have been a sight to see. Smile

(Thursday 8-Dec-2011, 11:08 PM)Deltorn Wrote: [ -> ]...knocked the fan right out of the bucket...

Do you mean the small item that blows air around or the fanatic in the armour. I imagine Hoppy can throw quite a punch. :P

Geez starting to sound like I hit him on purpose. :P Not that he probably didn't have it coming anyway. Hehehe

Nah just air blowing type of fan. I was trying to put it back in when I noticed it hanging out, so Draco ended up having to take him back to change room to fix him up.

..and get him a tissue. :P

You gotta stop picking on the little guys. :P
Hey, if he was just in inch taller... :P
...he'd still be short for a stormtrooper? Lol
Oh please continue guys,
I thought I was reading a troop report for a second.
Serves me right for making that assumption Wink
Pages: 1 2