Redback Garrison

Full Version: Troop Report - Troopertrek "Finale" Event, Sydney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Date: 31/03/2012

Venue:Blues Point Reserve, Sydney

Time:From 11.30a.m.

Mission: To show our support and solidarity as members of the 501st in Australia to one of our own, Jacob French, as he approaches the end of his amazing Troopertrek across Australia.

Trooper Attendance: Anakinra, Beanie, Buzzard, Cobra, DarkVoyd, Deltorn, Doc, Kev Vader, Moxxxie, Muppet, Phoenix, Tachyon

Support Crew: Lei, Mortogg, Sithprincess

Detail: See below.

Charity Funds Raised: N/A

Injuries:Minor sunburn and a few cases of dehydration due to the warm weather conditions and lack of shade.

Malfunctions:

Public Incidents:

Mission Status: A complete success! Although, Jacob still has to go back 300kms and finish his trek :O

Troopertrek "finale" event - the storybook version:

The Redback's descended on Sydney in style, as always, and showed our hard-working, no nonsense attitude from the get-go.
[Image: Troopertrek094.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4276.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4265.jpg]

There were no cheesy movie scenes reenacted...
[Image: DSCN4271.jpg]
[Image: titanic_dicaprio.jpg]
[Image: 20120331_124145.jpg]
[Image: ca_main54.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4302.jpg]
[Image: singin_in_the_rain.jpg]

...no "modeling 101" moments...
[Image: DSCN4294.jpg]
[Image: 20120331_134037.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4410.jpg]

...no commandeering children's play equipment...
[Image: DSCN4337.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4404.jpg]
[Image: Troopertrek082.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4441.jpg]
[Image: Troopertrek077.jpg]

...no slacking off on the job...
[Image: DSCN4424.jpg]
[Image: 20120331_123444.jpg]

...no bith shenanigans...
[Image: DSCN4344.jpg]
[Image: Troopertrek004.jpg]

...and definitely no smiling when the mood was serious...
[Image: Troopertrek117.jpg]

We were there to honour this man, Jacob French.
[Image: 892668-stormtrooper.jpg]
[Image: SDC10468.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4433.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4288.jpg]
At the age of 20, Jacob took on the challenge of walking across Australia in his Stormtrooper armour to raise funds and awareness for the Starlight Foundation. It meant walking 5000km, with his trusty buggy of supplies over four states. It meant walking 40kms a day, 5 days a week in hail, rain or blistering heat. It meant spending his 21st birthday alone on the nullarbor plain. It meant stopping all along the way for photos, media interviews and hospital visits. Jacob has accomplished so much on his epic journey, definitely impressing the public and raising awareness for both the Starlight Foundation and the 501st Legion and has currently raised over $90,000. He's even got his mug on a vegemite jar:
[Image: The-Vegemite-Kid-web.jpg]
This weekend marked the proposed finale to Jacob's amazing trek. As it turned out, Jacob was still 300kms from his finish line but was flown in to attend the photo shoot and afterparty! Members from TAG, SCG and RBG - the three Australian 501st Garrisons - were proud to attend and see Jacob over his "almost" finish line at the Blues Point Reserve, with stunning views of the Sydney Harbour. And we celebrated with Jacob, both for his Troopertrek journey and his belated 21st, long into the night.
[Image: SDC10449.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4298.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4312.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4327.jpg]
[Image: SDC10440.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4378.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4376.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4413.jpg]
[Image: SDC10480.jpg]

Our Emperor did his best to leave Sydney with a momento of his visit.
[Image: DSCN4323.jpg]
But these guys were on hand to keep all unauthorised force usage in check.
[Image: DSCN4412.jpg]

We know that even though he may look a little bit like this when he's finished...
[Image: 20120331_150429.jpg]
...Jabob's totally got this :D
[Image: profjabobtrek.jpg]

Edited to add...photo sources from some of our awesome photographers:
Mortogg's
Obickay's
Sithprincess'
Sarah's

and a link to Phoenix's Jacob finale tribute:
Loved how you volunteered to write the Official Report. Very nicely done.... Just like Jacob himself, I loved the finish!

Awesome!!!
Great report and some photo's I hadn't seen yet, well done.
(Monday 2-Apr-2012, 10:18 PM)Darkvoyd Wrote: [ -> ]Loved how you volunteered to write the Official Report. Very nicely done....

Yeah, I couldn't believe how eager she was to do it! Top report, Shannon! Doppeldaumen1
(Monday 2-Apr-2012, 10:18 PM)Darkvoyd Wrote: [ -> ]Loved how you volunteered to write the Official Report.

"If you talk the talk..." - Sir DarkVoyd of Awesome Funnies at the Troopertrek Finale.

----

Fantastic first report! Peace

Loved the movie references put in there and some real gems of photos.

That last panel of Jacob's summation of the remainder of his trip, just like all Garrison Members not even this Troop Report will let him forget.

Great work on a great report. I'm glad I declined, as we now know we can expect this sort of greatness from you again in the future. Hehehe
Nice pics..
So does anyone know how much he raised???
Yes he told us over $90,000 to date, it was mentioned in the report above. Final official tally isn't in yet, of course as he hasn't finished yet but he's aiming at $100K!!!
Great weekend was had - fantastic pics everyone and thanks to the wranglers who took them, well done - and great report Doppeldaumen1

Why oh why does the heat follow the red robes Banghead
Great work Redbacks, thank you to all those that made the long journey down here, and doing it all looking good too.

Getting a chance to experience the quality of people in your garrison and their dedication to excellence has only served to wet my appetite for Dreamworld. Look forward to catching up with those I met then and met the rest of you then.

Nice report Shannon, great weekend, definately one to remember.
Fantastic report Shannon you made an awesome report there. I loved reading it all and the pics are awesome.

Great work troopers.
You have made us all proud Notworthy

Go Jacob !!!!
Nice report Shannon.
Well done to everyone who made it down there to represent the RBG
Fantastic troop report Shannon.

Great job to all the troopers that attended.
wow great pics again and a great report Shannon, many thanks for that pic of the slacking off Emperor!
Yeah, great report! Jig
Pages: 1 2