Redback Garrison

Full Version: Million Paws Walk - Rockhampton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Date: Sunday 20th May 2012

Venue: Victoria Park, Sir Raymond Huish Drive, Wandal, Rockhampton

Time: 8:00am to 10:00am

Mission: Support RSPCA Million Paws Walk

Trooper Attendance: Angelman (TK)

Guest Trooper Attendance: None

Support Crew: LadyTarkin

Detail:
We arrived undetected in our civilian clothing and vehicle, we said hello to a few of the known imperial citizens and made our way to the registration desk. After receiving our lovely florescent green wristbands we made our way back to our civilian transport and I armoured up.
The attending dogs were not fooled by armour but several children were completely awestruck, an ensuing barrage of digital images were taken with young and old.
We embarked along the mighty Fitzroy River enjoying the shade of the large trees, the walk of over 2kms was easily achieved with many photo stops along the way (I did overtake a guy on crutches, but the guy in the wheelchair beat me).
We all arrived back at the starting point and variety of cooked goods and drinks were on offer. Unfortunately due to the now rising temperature we returned to our civilian transport and de-armoured.

Charity Funds Raised: Nil (Well Lisa and I donated $30 to the RSPCA)

Injuries: Surprisingly none, even with all the dogs there not a single armour bite Lol

Malfunctions: None

Public Incidents: A few people pulled my tail but it remained attached.

Mission Status: Success, found yet a few more Star Wars fans in Rockhampton.

Photos: Didn't take a camera, if I spot something on Facebook I'll copy it here. I think the WIN TV camera crew got some footage of me.

Michael & Lisa
Angelman & LadyTarkin
Awesome work, Angelman.

I'm so bummed I missed this years MPW... Sounds like you had a good time!
Easiest most laid back troop I think I've done so far this year.

Relay For Life - which we just went to visit/support some of my friends and work colleges was crazy, it took us half an hour to move 30 metres (in costume). Lisa and I ended up being late to a party we were going to.
Well done guys....awesome stuff Michael & LadyTarkin
Great job you two :D
Nice work.
You rock rockhampton !!!
great job

scope
Glad you guys had as much fun as we did on our walk! Doppeldaumen1