Redback Garrison

Full Version: Springfield Land Corporation Ball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Date: 12th October 2012

Venue: Brookwater Golf Club

Time:6:30-7:30pm

Mission: Meet and greet guests for an 80's themed night.

Trooper Attendance: Phoenix, Mortogg, Phantom, The Wolf, Sith Princess

Guest Trooper Attendance: Nil

Support Crew: Spooky

Detail: Upon arrival I was met by Phoenix and Mortogg who informed me they had done a recon mission and found our luxurious change room (the male locker room). We where soon joined by TheWolf and after waiting a little while for the others to arrive we decided to make a move. We moved to the change room and soon after Sith Princess arrived stating this is her first time in a male locker room. We got changed and soon after there was a weapons malfunction, the scope on Fetts blaster came off. Some glue from Mortogg quickly applied helped but not quick enough, the scope came free and broke into a few pieces. Fett would have to go scopeless for the night. Our contact arrived and was amazed by our costumes and ushered us to the entry point. Some quick photos take with the organisers and we took our positions.
Spooky decided to join us shortly after taking our position, claiming poor navigation for being late.
With the sounds of 80's music blaring behind closed doors we took to our task, meet and greet. We proceeded to open limo and taxi doors for guests posed for photos with them. We met local dignitaries the Ipswich Mayor and Local Member of parliament. Most guests loved us and some seemed a bit distant, not quite sure what to make of the whole situation.
Time seemed to go very quick, our contact approached us and said that it is time for us to go. We packed up had a carpark chat and went our separate ways.

Charity Funds Raised: $300 to Starlight

Injuries: Nil

Malfunctions: Fetts scope

Public Incidents: Nil

Mission Status: Complete success, even making local news paper, front page and a big centre spread.

Photos:
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...on%20Ball/
Was a fun night, and was cool being in the newspaper that many times. Smile
Thanks all, the clients were happy...hope my tunnel and giant boombox didn't make any of you go blind!
(Monday 22-Oct-2012, 07:02 PM)Goose Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks all, the clients were happy...hope my tunnel and giant boombox didn't make any of you go blind!

It was AWESOME mate, shame you couldn't be there to enjoy it.
The Redback's rocked the 80's that night!

Even though we were only performing guard duty at the door, this was a really awesome Troop!