Redback Garrison

Full Version: 30-12-12 Joshuas suprise visit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Date: 30-12-12

Venue:Pavilions Apartments Palm Beach

Time:11:30am

Mission:To surprise Joshua who is a MASSIVE Starwars fan

Trooper Attendance:
Deimos
Azeral
Elektra
Bullant
Stormraven

Support Crew:
The ever lovely RebelRach and Joshua's Family

Detail:

With news on the wavebands of delays I left home at 0900hours to hopefully get there by 10am, How naive I was. Driving down on the motor way the traffic started getting thicker and thicker until it came to the point where I thought it would be faster turning off and attempting to drive through Surfers O.O (9:40am)

[Image: Onehourlater.jpg]

After mucho mucho delays I pulled over and text Rach to let her know that I was running late, I hadn't even finished texting Rach when I got a PM through tapatalk from Azeral letting me know that they too had been caught up in the pesky traffic jam (Later reports came through that some one had crashed there ship in to the road)
[Image: star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith-32.jpg]

I eventually found my way where Azeral and Elektra had just pulled in too. We made our way up the escalator and called Rach to come and collect us.

When we got up to the room we were greated by Bullant and Stormraven and some of Rachs friends ( Whos names have slipped my mind)
As we were running late we attempted to get changed quickly but this was not to happen as we all got chatting about armour makes and swapping helmets around.

We finally got suited up and it was then time to make our way down stairs (not before a quick photo shoot though :P)
As we made our way down on the elevator we stopped at one of the floors below us and scared some citizens who thought it would be best to take the next elevator :P.

Down on level1 we walked out side and around the corner to a thoroughly surprised Josh and parents (The parents had no idea we were coming too)
I tell you, the smile on his face was at lest a kilometer long.

He didnt know what to do so his parents told him to come up and say hi. Oh no he did shyly walk up, he ran and gave us all massive hugs.
After a few photos the Jawas got bored and started running a muck and trying to steal some roaming droids which lead to a little gun fight between the jawas and Josh who had some how over powered a Stormtroop. this mini war raged for a good 5minutes until the defeated Jawa raised his arms in defeat.

Calm returned to the group and we had some more photos followed by more hugs and questions.
One particular question I was asked was "who is the Emperors best friend on the DeathStar?" Well that one stumped me :P luckly I had Rach there to answer with "Vader of course" :P
After a good hour we had to say good bye, but not before a hand shake and another hug and with that we headed back upstairs.

I was a little sad to leave, as I could have stayed there and played all day as he reminded me so much of my cousins back in NZ plus he is a massive SW fan :P

These photos I really like
[Image: 551224_10151320550737593_399797159_n.jpg]

[Image: 534433_10151413218424276_603220582_n.jpg]

Charity Funds Raised:Non apart from the massive amount of smiles and joy we brought

Injuries:

Malfunctions:Nill

Public Incidents:Only some pesky Jawas causing trouble

Mission Status:Massively huge success

Photos:more to come soon.
[Image: 418134_10152362830010258_171972083_n.jpg]

[Image: 737529_115798931923442_875534023_o.jpg]
I knew if I waited long enough, I would eventually get to see this report... Smile Wink Cheeky

Excellent Report Deimos, well worth waiting for... Smile
(by the way, it's Azrael... not azeral... Wink Cheeky)

It was fun to troop this one, and the smile on little Joshua's face was absolutely priceless...!!!

Don't blame those pesky Jawas...
They were just doing their job... Smile Wink

and Wow, they were good...!!!
Well done guy's, a Galactic Academy recruit in the making. Nice report too Deimos.
Excellent work troops , the joy is obvious for all .
This was a fun troop, its always enjoyable to be able to make Star Wars a bit more real to fans such as Josh Hehehe . Though ReboRach got a little bit of stick from Josh's parents since that was the best surprise he's ever had they don't know if they will ever able to match it again Doppeldaumen1

Azrael and Elektra did a grat job as Jawas thier syncd jawa talk was really grat and they acted just like pesky Jawas - and they didn't need any practice to act pesky at all. Cheeky

Some more photos from Rach are here

http://m1338.photobucket.com/albums/rebe...Wars%20Day
Easily the most enjoyable troop I have had the pleasure of attending. To see the joy on Joshua's face made my day, hell it made my year, and I'm man enough to admit that seeing such a brave, happy face on someone so young (not to mention almost the same age and almost the spitting image of my son) and who has been so sick and through so much had tears flowing within the bucket.
I can't speak highly enough of you guys and what you did for little Josh and his folks. You made an enormous difference to him and were wonderful, with your banter, your humour and compassion, so thank you! You embody all that is great and decent in the Rebacks and the 501st!!
I could gush on and on but I won't.....
But I will say you made a lasting impression on everyone that was there and all the folk that have seen your photos, they keep commenting to me on the quality of your costumes! I keep saying "I told you they were awesome"!
Josh's parents are headed back to London with all the info on the 501st Garrison there and Josh will have unbeatable tales to tell his best friend George (another huge little SW fan) and his 2 - yes 2 - girlfriends!!
Thanks again Demois, Azrael, Elecktra, Bullant and Stormraven.
Ps - it was my fault it took you so long to change I peppered you with questions and asked to try on a few of the buckets....you were all so patient and helpful with costume info! :-)
haha nice report Deimos, and nice work troopers Smile
redbacks are very loving, Joseph... can I have a hug too Sad

great job team
I finally managed to get all the required swag together so I could send Josh his Imperial care package. I hope he likes it Smile

edit: decided to remove the photos until after he receives it, just in case Wink
Well done Andrew, very nice... Smile I am sure he will be very when it arrives...
That's just awesome Bullant, Josh will absolutely love it, what Star Wars little fan wouldn't love a personalised parcel from his very own Stormtrooper?!! Josh's folks will be so appreciative and I'm sure we'll get feedback really soon! Well done mate!!!
Another successful mission, well done guys and gals, what a great little guy, these type of troops are my favourite too.
Now that Josh has received his parcel and there's no chance of the surprise being ruined ...

This is what I sent:

[Image: IMG_2231_zpsc9ae3a2c.jpg]

This is the letter with it:

[Image: imperialdispatch_zpsd3722176.png][/quote]
nice one chucking in the pool cleaning pic and referencing it in the letter (sorry Dispatch) Smile
Pages: 1 2