Redback Garrison

Full Version: New member - Worked on Ep II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
G'day Redbacks. I am keen to be a part of your group... however I am assembling a character from the "wrong side". I am in the process of piecing together a screen accurate C-3PO as a walk-around... so far it looks awesome... however I have run out of funds to complete the job... mainly the vacuum metalizing that is required (and a couple of final pieces). Was hoping to hear if anyone knows someone who can metalize - in Queensland(?)

Anyway... to finish the job I have decided to sell my prized possession - a full screen accurate Darth Vader (ESB) replica costume. The helmet and armour were given to me by a prop technician, during my time working on the set of Episode II at Sydney's FOX Studios. Several were cast before George Lucas rejected them all - in favour of a computer aided perfectly symmetrical versions for use in Episode III - Revenge of the Sith. I have all the armour moulded directly from the Lucasfilm moulds and have had the complete material parts made for me in Europe, using real Italian leather. The "jump-suit" is the sought after three-piece style with separate arm and vest sections (just like the movie versions). The suit has only been worn once by a friend who is 6 foot something. I was asked to supply Darth for the opening match of the Cairns Taipans (about five years ago)... in a match advertised as "The Taipans Strike Back!". I have never worn the suit (as I am too short) and it has adorned an oversized mannequin an my media room (away from sunlight or extreme conditions).

I started on the Threepio project, as I am the exact same dimensions as Anthony Daniels... a fact I know as I have stood back-to-back with him during my time working closely with him on Episode II.

I hope to get the chance to meet some of you when the suit is ready to go. I was wondering if you guys know of any other people here in Oz who have completed a Threepio replica costume..?
Hello Wduxb1, Welcome to the Redback forums... Smile

Wow...!!! That all sounds like You've had a lot of fun... Where in Queensland are you located...??

I would be really keen to see your work on the Threepio...
That would be awesome to claim that the Redback Garrison has a 3PO. He'll make a good companion for some of the R2 units about to pop up at DreamWorld !
Welcome Wduxb1, Wow sounds like you have a good start on the C3PO project and not many people can fit into the costume so I am really looking forward to seeing your work. Also you may want to introduce yourself to the local rebel scum over at http://tatooinebase.com.au/forum/index.php as technically you will be part of them...until your memory gets wiped and reprogrammed. I have heard of other people starting C3PO in Oz but as far as I know noone has got around to completing one.

Sounds like you have some quality bits on the Vader costume, there are 2 Vaders currently in the garrison and 1 or 2 others looking into doing Darth so you will probably get some memberers interested.

If you look in the events section ( top of the bar ) you will see some events we will be going to if you are free come along to one and say hi.
Wow, welcome.

That all sounds really cool.

Man, I wish I could afford your Vader. I don't know how much you're asking, but I know I can't afford it right now. Sad

Would be so awesome to have a C3PO. Can't wait til you have it finished.

Yeah, as Stormraven said, jump on the Tattooine Base forum. A lot of us are members of both, and so Rebels are more than welcome to troop with the Redbacks any time. Especially ones as cool as 3PO. Peace
Hey welcome to the redbacks like stated above a lot of us are duel members of the 501st and Rebel legions so come over to the Tatooine forum say hi and look out for upcoming events like armour parties or troops if you got urself a C-3PO. (secretly i want one but cant afford it atm.)
(Wednesday 13-Mar-2013, 02:12 PM)Beanie Wrote: [ -> ]a C-3PO. (secretly i want one but cant afford it atm.)

Yeah, me too, but I'll never afford it. Haha. Aaaah Smile
Ring a company called LA Designs. he is a custom helmet painter and gets helmets plastic chrome covered. would be 3000bucks for your 3po to be plated.
Also can ring Craig at headcase designs in brisbane. also a helmet painter. the chroner is in sunshine coast. i used him for a few things a few yrs ago.
Thanks for all the warm welcomes... I will head over to Tatooine Base @ Rebel Legion. In the meantime, let me know if anyone in the 501st is chasing an authentic ESB Vader replica costume... Smile
Welcome to the Forum, and WOW! Some awesome experiences there, very cool to have met Anthony Daniels. Pretty sweet to have worked on the Set of Episode II. Are you still in the industry?

The 3PO sounds pretty cool, I can imagine it would chew up funds pretty quickly. When you get it completed it would look amazing beside one of the R2 units currently being built, would be great to have at Dreamworld or Nova.

Good luck with your build. Don't be a stranger, it would be great to see you at a troop at some stage, and maybe shout you a beer or 3 in exchange for some war stories.
Holy moley! A C3PO!! How fantastic!
Can't wait to see it...as a pesky jawa, droids are of special interest to me...the shinier the better! (jawas are also 501st and Rebel Legion dual members and I am both!)
Have a great time here, and ask away with all your questions.....

"The odds of successfully surviving an asteroid field are....."
I have finally (and reluctantly) put Vader on eBay - after a decade of having him adorn my media room. If there is any interest from anyone in the forum I will gladly remove him from eBay. I don't really want him to go OS. Sad
Very nice, shame the mannequin doesn't come with it. But I will be needing to pay for a fury friend very soon anyway...
Welcome....

As for your droid,.... I wonder if you could do a silver version, and do TC-14, because it/she should under the definitions of the 501st be eligible for a DZ or similar classification, because she aids the bad guys in Episode 1
JOker, That's a great idea. One I hadn't considered... But now you've got me thinking...
Pages: 1 2