Redback Garrison

Full Version: Pacific Fair - Shave for a cure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Date: 16/03/13

Venue: Pacific Fair Shopping Centre Hooker Blvd Broadbeach QLD 4218

Time: 10am - 1pm

Mission: To support the World's greatest shave effort at pac fair!

Trooper Attendance:
Glitch (AR)
Deimos (TR)
Westie (ID)

Detail:
AR 5092 reporting

Arriving at pac fair at 9:30, Deimos, Westie and I went down from the carpark to meet our organiser Jill and the other volunteers. We established communications and she assured us the area was secured.
We returned to the carpark the floor above and put on our various gear, making an entrance down the elevator to see a crowd already forming.

The first citizen to shave raised over a thousand dollars herself, and many others followed to shave their hair, including yours truly.

[Image: P3160008.jpg]

A few others joined in on the shaving and colouring, a whole family went up and got their hair shaved for charity. A man with a ridiculous amount of hair had it coloured, and another woman got her hair shaved for over two thousand dollars raised for charity!

Deimos also went up and got his hair shaved!

[Image: P3160010.jpg]

After this, we ofcourse coloured ourselves too!

[Image: 891925_578267552184038_1893869143_o.jpg]

Many came to shave and colour throughout the day but it died down a little nearer to one, and by 1pm the troops needed some R&R so we de-kitted, had a look the local vendors, fed at the cantina and departed.

Charity Funds Raised: Nil

Injuries: None

Malfunctions: Constant helmet fan problems from a certain TR...

Public Incidents: None

Mission Status: Success! large amounts of credits were raised for the leukemia foundation!

Photos:
http://s45.beta.photobucket.com/user/501...Pac%20Fair?
You forgot to mention the particularly hungry escalator that tried to eat me :P
It was a fun day.
love the painted Amish beard Smile
Nice work Troops, and nice color choices!
Awesome Job guys... Smile

If I wasn't busily working on someone's Z-6 Rotary Clone Cannon, and had my event time set properly... Then I would have loved to Troop this one... Sad

I will be there with you next year... Smile
nice work Redbacks
thats some damn fine work there guys