Redback Garrison

Full Version: Troop Report- Masters Grand Opening, Rockhampton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Date: 23/03/2013

Venue:Masters Hardware Rockhampton

Time: 0800

Mission: To display the might of the 501st and forge a strong relationship with the new Masters store in Rockhampton

Trooper Attendance: Angelman, Lady Tarkin, Joker

Guest Trooper Attendance:

Support Crew: Beep13, Darkcyde, Stormybrite, Ainsleigh

Charity Funds Raised: $193.75

Injuries: Nil

Malfunctions: Nil

Public Incidents: Nil, one youngling got a fright on first seeing Angelman and deployed something that can only be described as some type of incapacitating sonic weapon, near deafening all those within range, I have never heard so much noise come out of something so small, Lord Vader must be informed of its existence immediately

Mission Status: Doppeldaumen1 Success Doppeldaumen1

Mission Detail:

PRIMARY MISSION

With the opening of a new supply depot, came rumours of possible rebel interference with Imperial commerce, Troopers Joker and Angelman, supported by Beep13, Darkcyde, Stormybrite and official holonet image capturer Ainsleigh were sent to assist and ensure that the supply lines were kept at peak efficiency…

The day began with a display of Imperial might, letting any rebels know that the Empire was out in force

[Image: P1050038_zpsb9b61033.jpg]

Joker and Angelman then moved on to ensure that the staff were well versed in the operation of the service droid interface, with Angelman also conducting a short information session on the benefits of using Wampa Deterrent (WD) 40 spray, with no wampa sightings reported, his instruction was clearly of great benefit.

[Image: P1050053_zps32a56fa4.jpg]

The decision was then made to separate and cover more ground, Angelman and Lady Tarkin found a droid which may be of some use in mowing down the Rebellion, though it seemed to be suffering from a bad motivator…(or no tibanna gas)

[Image: P1050040_zps22ad79fe.jpg]

Captain Rex searched the forests of the garden section for separatists. (Hang on, isn’t it Gree’s job to tramp around in the jungle? How did I get stuck with this duty?)

[Image: P1060328_zpsf62a7c08.jpg]

Separatist located! Fortunately our training on Kamino was very thorough in the art of balloon sword fighting, and Rex emerged the victor.

[Image: P1060313_zps96bf5fbc.jpg]

Rex and Angelman took a little time out from the search to make friends with the locals (Lady Tarkin was most displeased, and ordered them back to work immediately)

[Image: P1050108_zps8c79cd77.jpg]

Angelman discovered an entire section of energy cells, which will help us to continue our quest to destroy the rebellion

[Image: P1050045_zps057a3c48.jpg]

When our presence was made known to the local subspace broadcast station, Angelman and Joker were only too pleased to do live interviews (without removing buckets) telling the sector about the mission of the 501st Legion…Cadet Beep13’s vocal skills when put on the spot to provide an interview with R2 were an absolute scene stealer, we’re going to try and see if we can get a copy of the interview..

[Image: P1050101_zpse305f9a5.jpg]

Ruthless in the pursuit of the reported rebels, no stone was left unturned, regardless of supposed rank and claims of being “management”, all persons of interest were detained and questioned.

[Image: P1050135_zps3bda4341.jpg]

In a last ditch effort to redeem themselves, Rex and TK commandeered Lady Tarkin a ride home on a local creature referred to as a “Buffalo”, named “Sir Walter… This plan apparently worked quite well, as Lady Tarkin almost broke her imperial scowl, and her mood lightened noticeably, among many cries of “Old Spice” and “I’m on a horse”( the origin of these statements remains a mystery).

[Image: P1060321_zpsd777d489.jpg]

SECONDARY MISSION

Obtain astromech scans of supply depot

*Static Burst*
Captain Rex to General Skywalker
Sir, you’ve given me many tough missions in the past, but few as difficult as guarding your R2 Unit as it scanned the imperial supply depot, it truly has a mind of its own…

I located the unit outside, who under the care of an imperial officer, was examining the transport vessel and droids used by the local fire fighting unit, they had obviously heard of our involvement in the battle against the separatists, and were keen to have their holonet image captured as proof of meeting the troopers of the 501st

[Image: P1050080_zps0699aa7a.jpg]

We then proceeded to the depot, the spare lightsabre you left with the unit proved a very useful distraction for a great many younglings during the day. It also came in handy when trouble arose, the presence of lightsabre resistant umbrellas at supply depots is one of concern, we must find out where the cortosis ore is being obtained for this contraband…

[Image: P1050122_zpsbd220409.jpg]

The droid was overly curious and mistakenly grabbed this “tin mouse” not knowing the danger

[Image: P1050123_zps104de2df.jpg]
The situation was averted, even a fully grown tin mouse is no match for my pistols

[Image: P1060332_zps1e4ce53f.jpg]

To enable the droid to conduct its scans in the trade supply area, I took it upon myself to distract the citizens with a short instructional session on power tool use

[Image: P1060301_zpsd68f8c47.jpg]

Such was the success, that I was the asked to spin the wheel to decide the winner of a 100credt voucher for supplies…

[Image: P1050086_zps4a98094e.jpg]

In the crowd, I lost sight of R2, I immediately searched the area, and questioned many, though some were not overly helpful…

[Image: P1060323_zps509e3e6c.jpg]

I eventually found it, well concealed among some service droids…

[Image: P1060360_zps9ab0b722.jpg]

The scan was going too slowly, so I commandeered a faster transport…

[Image: P1060338_zpsadc19661.jpg]

Finally, the scan was complete, (much to my relief)

[Image: P1060327_zps2daf3b02.jpg]

You should receive the data cylinders upon its return to Coruscant General
Mission complete.
Rex out
*static*

This was a really great troop to do, the response from both staff and public was fantastic and we took heaps of photos that aren’t in the troop report, the donations were a little lower than what we’d hoped, but we still got close to two hundred dollars for the Capricorn Rescue Choppers. The dressing area we had was huge (the entire staff training room) with a water cooler, and the store is air conditioned, which made trooping a lot easier Bigfan , even the 48 stairs between the dressing area and the show floor didn’t prove an obstacle.

A few really notable highlights were our live Radio cross, with helmets still on, telling people about the mission of the 501st, meeting a lovely older couple (in their 80s) who were huge Star Wars fans, and knew all our costumes straight up (and they watch Clone Wars) and doing the pictures for “Alex’s Army” with the boys from the QFRS. The feedback from Masters was also really positive, so we’re going to be able to doing more there in the future as well Doppeldaumen1
nice report mate.
Great report Joker hopefully you will have succeded with your primary misson and we will see many other pics of the Rocky troopers and "Sir Walter" Doppeldaumen1
Sir Walter could use a breath mint....lol

He travels around from what the guy with him was saying, and we've got his owner's details, he also said that if any of the 501st guys see him, don't hesitate to get pics etc. because they think what we do is pretty special
(Monday 25-Mar-2013, 01:17 PM)JOker Wrote: [ -> ]Sir Walter could use a breath mint....lol

Ohhh dear is there no limit to the things a clone will do to get some answers Aaaah
nice report Joker
Really good report Joker. It wouldn't be Rocky without a bull in there somewhere.
Had a ball, big thanks to our wranglers, some of whom weren't feeling well but still soldiered on for us.
Man that small kid had a set of lungs, may have great future in horror films, talk about piercing and I was wearing a helmet.
Great mission report JOker, I'm still laughing and read it twice.
That droid line up with the mowers and Beep is a classic.
Great report Joker, and congrat's to all Troopers & Wranglers on an awesome Troop.