Redback Garrison

Full Version: Ready to troop! But need to check first
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone Smile
I am ready to join Redback Garrison! But I want to post some pictures here to check if my amour is all details correct.

Here are photos of me in Shadow Stormtrooper, we need more Shadow Stormtrooper Cheeky Also I will be attending to Supanova Gold Coast on Saturday.

And by the way, when my Shadow Sormtrooper is all good to go, what do i do next?

Thanks! Cheers Jig

[attachment=1450]
[attachment=1449]

Opps forgot to say I joined forum today.
Hey saizash, nice Shadow Trooper.

best thing to do is to go through the steps in the link - http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-143.html

Welcome to the forum.

Terror
Hi saizash, Welcome to the Redback forums... Smile

And that's a very nice looking Shadow Trooper...

Pop in and say hello to us at the 501st Legion Stand, at Gold Nova... It'd be great to see it in person... Wink
(Sunday 14-Apr-2013, 09:17 PM)TerrorFirma Wrote: [ -> ]Hey saizash, nice Shadow Trooper.

best thing to do is to go through the steps in the link - http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-143.html

Welcome to the forum.

Terror

Thanks mate

(Sunday 14-Apr-2013, 09:28 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Hi saizash, Welcome to the Redback forums... Smile

And that's a very nice looking Shadow Trooper...

Pop in and say hello to us at the 501st Legion Stand, at Gold Nova... It'd be great to see it in person... Wink

Will do, thanks I'll will try and find 501st Legion Stand at Supanova Smile
Wow awesome Smile Welcome !
oh wow, looks epic dude. Nice job.
If you wish to find us at Supanova, we are right up the back right corner next to the wrestling ring.
(Sunday 14-Apr-2013, 09:28 PM)saizash Wrote: [ -> ]Will do, thanks I'll will try and find 501st Legion Stand at Supanova Smile

You won't be able to miss us... Just follow the smell of trash... Wink
(we will have our Trash Compactor Scene set up...)

We are down the end opposite the Wrestling Ring, Global Gear, and the Popcultcha stand...
Looks cool, is that a rubies? If so (and I think it is) you'll probably need to do some modifications to it before it will be accepted for approval. Come chat to us at the gold coast and we'll be able to point you in the right direction Smile
Hey mate and welcome to the redbacks.
Shadow stormtroopers are cool until you have to wear them in the QLD sun Smile
I would suggest you jump over to http://forum.501stspecopsdet.net/
And read the CRL for the costume to make sure that you have everything ready to go for approval and then shoot the pics out.
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:...ormtrooper
(Sunday 14-Apr-2013, 09:35 PM)Duck Wrote: [ -> ]Wow awesome Smile Welcome !

Thanks Smile

(Sunday 14-Apr-2013, 09:39 PM)Deimos Wrote: [ -> ]oh wow, looks epic dude. Nice job.
If you wish to find us at Supanova, we are right up the back right corner next to the wrestling ring.

Ah should be easy to find

(Sunday 14-Apr-2013, 09:41 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sunday 14-Apr-2013, 09:28 PM)saizash Wrote: [ -> ]Will do, thanks I'll will try and find 501st Legion Stand at Supanova Smile

You won't be able to miss us... Just follow the smell of trash... Wink
(we will have our Trash Compactor Scene set up...)

We are down the end opposite the Wrestling Ring, Global Gear, and the Popcultcha stand...

LOL okay no worries

(Sunday 14-Apr-2013, 09:45 PM)seantrooper Wrote: [ -> ]Looks cool, is that a rubies? If so (and I think it is) you'll probably need to do some modifications to it before it will be accepted for approval. Come chat to us at the gold coast and we'll be able to point you in the right direction Smile

Rubies? o.O Never heard of it, i got it from costumebox and it owns by Star Wars. Is it okay to buy costume?

(Sunday 14-Apr-2013, 09:54 PM)Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]Hey mate and welcome to the redbacks.
Shadow stormtroopers are cool until you have to wear them in the QLD sun Smile
I would suggest you jump over to http://forum.501stspecopsdet.net/
And read the CRL for the costume to make sure that you have everything ready to go for approval and then shoot the pics out.
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:...ormtrooper

Thanks mate, I know i put on for 10mins and started to sweat Sad
Ah right thanks mate will check out
Sweating is pretty much compulsory for trooping in QLD lol... but def get down to meet the guys at Supernova on the GC this weekend, it's heaps easier to understand a lot of the things associated with armour when it's explained to you first hand.... don't forget your camera!
Welcome aboard and welcome to the tx world , and rubies is a sub standard vinyl costume I seem a rubies brand tk melt in a car in the summer sun back in nsw . I sure you find other spec ops members here and also on the det who you can chat too including my self on here or over in the det also
Cheers
Wolf
(Sunday 14-Apr-2013, 10:14 PM)JOker Wrote: [ -> ]Sweating is pretty much compulsory for trooping in QLD lol... but def get down to meet the guys at Supernova on the GC this weekend, it's heaps easier to understand a lot of the things associated with armour when it's explained to you first hand.... don't forget your camera!

lol well i'm sure i will sweat in white stormtrooper too, yeah sure i have loads of questions to ask and want to meet you and...... sure! I will bring my camera Wink

(Sunday 14-Apr-2013, 10:14 PM)Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome aboard and welcome to the tx world , and rubies is a sub standard vinyl costume I seem a rubies brand tk melt in a car in the summer sun back in nsw . I sure you find other spec ops members here and also on the det who you can chat too including my self on here or over in the det also
Cheers
Wolf

wow i never know that it's can melt in summer, is there any ways i can fix it? Thanks mate
Hi Mate,
If it is this suit it is Rubies.
http://www.costumebox.com.au/brands/star...stume.html
Rubies may have licensing rights, but that alone does not mean a costume is 501st approvable. Alot of Rubies costumes require extensive modifications or are just simply not worth trying to get approved. Going from the price listed on this site, I'd say who've probably paid too much for a sub standard costume. I'm not sure of the cost of a Shadow Trooper is as I don't own one, but Rubies products are often priced alot higher than what their worth. I know what it's like tho, I myself purchased a Rubies Supreme Darth Vader outfit a while ago before I even thought of joining the 501st. But when I started looking into joining and reading up on the requirements I soon learned that the costume would have to be mostly replaced to be anywhere near approvable.

This doesn't mean your costume can't be brought upto 501st standards tho! I'm sure a TX would be a lot easier to get to 501st standards than a Vader. If you bring it to Gold Coast Nova you'll be able to get more info on what needs to be done to get it up to standard. We will be able to see it in the flesh and help you establish what needs to be done Smile Signing up on the detachment associated with your chosen costume is a great place to start and also checking out the CRL's (costume reference libraries). Doing your research is the most important thing when looking to join the 501st, it may not always be terribly exciting, but you will save money and end up with a much better quality product!

Hope this helps clarify a bit Smile
Heya saiz,

Benji has pretty much summed it up pretty well. And don't worry, you're not the first. I almost bought one myself before joining. :P

As has been suggested, join up on the TX forums, the guys there tend to very helpful, as the Redbacks are. A word tothe wise, as a owner and wearer of Shadow Scout armour, and having worn white Biker Scout armour, the black armour does absorb more heat. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3