Redback Garrison

Full Version: Su cuy'gar!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all! I live here in America and have been a HUGE fan of Star Wars for as long as I can remember. I really loved the idea of Boba Fett and the Mandalorians. I have always loved reading of their culture as it developed in the SW Universe and have found it to be a very proud and inspiring culture (rather similar to my own Viking heritage). I am new to this site and I hope to do everyone proud!

I do foamsmithing and NERF mods. I work for Anime Milwaukee, which is Wisconsin's Largest Anime Convention, and the Mid-West's 3rd Largest! I have held many positions with them and this year HOPE to have the Department Head (LARP) position!

Oya!

I will also be working on a Stormtroopers Uniform or a Imperial officers uniform. Not quite decided, any ideas?
Gday Tarro glad to see you are a big SW fan and its sounds like you have some good skill sets there, but our garrison is located in Australia so you may want to look at joining this garrison http://www.wigarrison.com/ .

I have done an officer uniform and quite like it as it tends to be a bit more comfortable than Stormtrooper armour, you can sit down in it for a start, and it is a good all round costume you can troop (parade) in it and you can also wrangle (crowd control) in it.

Good luck with your decision and now you have found us feel free to drop by and say hello and ask questions.

Cheers
Will do!
Oya!!!
Oya!!
Welcome to the forum Tarro. Some good advice there from Stormraven. I've got both an Imperial Officer (ID), and Storm Trooper (TK) and from a personal viewpoint the ID is a great first costume. It's relatively cheap and quick to build/source, and is easy to wear and troop or wrangle in.

My 1st love was always the TK so I've just finished my build and I love it. While hot and certainly not comfortable it's awesome to troop in and see the smiles on kids faces (both small & big kids).

Good luck with your decision and have fun.

Cheers
Craig
Thanks for the great welcome from everyone!
I am looking into the Wisconsin group, and have decided to Do an ID uniform, then finish my Bounty Hunter uniform.