Redback Garrison

Full Version: Matt from Brisbane
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys,

My names Matt, I'm 25 and live on the Northside of Brisbane. Been a fellow Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember but only recently have got hooked on the idea of joining a community and had my first Supanova(Gold Coast) experience last weekend and completely love the vibe that you guys put out there! I''m pretty interested in buying a Shadow Trooper kit and building it up, I have looked at some of the build members threads and looks really fun! So anyone who would be keen to steer me in the right direction or even meet and show me the ropes would be great!

Thanks
MattDoppeldaumen1
Hey Matt and welcome to RBG.
Black armour, sweet, another to add to the Spec Ops. That would be awesome. We have a massive weekend coming up on May 4th and 5th at Dreamworld, where everyone will be attending and in costumes of all sorts.

You may also want to sign up to the Spec Ops detatchment to get extra help on all things that are Special Operations Troopers. http://www.501stspecopsdet.net/

And I'm sure that someone will reply with a source for armour. I will advice though, in Queensland, Black armour can be harsh to wear. Especially Shadow Scouts. :P
G'day Matt and welcome.

If you're looking at building a shadow trooper you'll wanna sign up to the spec ops detachment here: http://www.501stspecopsdet.net/
You can also find the CRL for shadow troopers here: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:...ormtrooper
There are plenty of people who I'm sure will be willing to help you get going, just don't rush into things and take your time to compile all the information you can Smile

- Benji
Hi Matt, Welcome to the Redback forums... Smile
Welcome to the Redbacks Trouble Cheeky If you saw us at SupaNova you have a good idea on what you are letting yourself in for. Lol

There are a few Shadowtrooper/scouts in the garrison and you may have seen one at SupaNova, and you may see some at DreamWorld ( if you can make it). As has been mentioned look at joining the specops detachment first and then making it to an Armor Party, where you can see bits of armour being cut into shape and put together.
Well Mr "T" for trouble......good to know we are filling up the ranks on the NorthSide :P
(Friday 26-Apr-2013, 02:16 PM)hopfot Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Matt and welcome to RBG.
Black armour, sweet, another to add to the Spec Ops. That would be awesome. We have a massive weekend coming up on May 4th and 5th at Dreamworld, where everyone will be attending and in costumes of all sorts.

You may also want to sign up to the Spec Ops detatchment to get extra help on all things that are Special Operations Troopers. http://www.501stspecopsdet.net/

And I'm sure that someone will reply with a source for armour. I will advice though, in Queensland, Black armour can be harsh to wear. Especially Shadow Scouts. :P
Thanks bud! The more I read/research the more psyched I get to get stuck in, Interested to see some specific types people suggest, Maybe will have to get a Storm Trooper for summer ha! Were you wearing the Bounty Hunter gear at Supanova? I did see someone wearing bounty hunter getup and was blown away by the quality of the entire suit, and their crumping ability to the "ROCK BAND" hahahaha!Peace

(Friday 26-Apr-2013, 02:18 PM)benji Wrote: [ -> ]G'day Matt and welcome.

If you're looking at building a shadow trooper you'll wanna sign up to the spec ops detachment here: http://www.501stspecopsdet.net/
You can also find the CRL for shadow troopers here: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:...ormtrooper
There are plenty of people who I'm sure will be willing to help you get going, just don't rush into things and take your time to compile all the information you can Smile

- Benji
Thanks Benji! Look forward to it
(Friday 26-Apr-2013, 02:34 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Matt, Welcome to the Redback forums... Smile
Thanks!!
(Friday 26-Apr-2013, 02:42 PM)stormraven Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the Redbacks Trouble Cheeky If you saw us at SupaNova you have a good idea on what you are letting yourself in for. Lol

There are a few Shadowtrooper/scouts in the garrison and you may have seen one at SupaNova, and you may see some at DreamWorld ( if you can make it). As has been mentioned look at joining the specops detachment first and then making it to an Armor Party, where you can see bits of armour being cut into shape and put together.
Thanks ! Yeah definitely looked like fun. I joined the specops detachment, I dont think I will make it to Dreamworld.. I love drifting/moto x etc but have to say am complete party pooper when it comes to dream world haha

(Friday 26-Apr-2013, 02:52 PM)SupaTrooper Wrote: [ -> ]Well Mr "T" for trouble......good to know we are filling up the ranks on the NorthSide :P

Look forward to meeting the other Northsiders Smile
Welcome to the forums Smile
welcome mate, here if you need help in any way
welcome Smile
Welcome to the forum Matt. It might pay to pm Muppet as he had a Shadow Trooper listed in the Junkyard section (don't know if you can see that as a Cadet) and it might still be available.

Hope you can make it along to Dreamworld next weekend, looking forward to meeting you at a troop sometime.

Cheers
Craig
(Friday 26-Apr-2013, 07:16 PM)BIDS Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forum Matt. It might pay to pm Muppet as he had a Shadow Trooper listed in the Junkyard section (don't know if you can see that as a Cadet) and it might still be available.

Hope you can make it along to Dreamworld next weekend, looking forward to meeting you at a troop sometime.

Cheers
Craig

Hey, I can't even seem to find the junkyard section, maybe I have to make a certain amount of posts to be able to see it?
(Friday 26-Apr-2013, 09:43 PM)TroubledCompany Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I can't even seem to find the junkyard section, maybe I have to make a certain amount of posts to be able to see it?

You need to be a verified cadet to see that part of the forum mate, so you will have to ask muppet via PM
Welcome to the Redback Matt.

We are pretty friendly so just ask as many questions as you might have....no such thing as a stupid question.
(Friday 26-Apr-2013, 09:43 PM)TroubledCompany Wrote: [ -> ]
(Friday 26-Apr-2013, 07:16 PM)BIDS Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forum Matt. It might pay to pm Muppet as he had a Shadow Trooper listed in the Junkyard section (don't know if you can see that as a Cadet) and it might still be available.

Cheers
Craig

Hey, I can't even seem to find the junkyard section, maybe I have to make a certain amount of posts to be able to see it?

Sorry mate, thought you might need to be verified first (just means you need to get along to a troop to meet some people).

Might be a bum steer anyway as it's an old thread (from 2011) so could be gone. Probably still pay to pm him just in case.
Pages: 1 2