Redback Garrison

Full Version: DW2013 Documentaries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there fellow troopers!

First of all, you all know I unfortunately don't troop much (working on it...) but I'm glad to say I was yet again part of the Dreamworld weekend. I met a lot of new people and everyone made me feel welcomed, even thou I was shoving a camera in many people's faces. On that note I also would like to apologise if me or my crew might have made you feel uncomfortable with a camera around all the time, it was my mistake not to let everyone know I would be filming and as a future note, if anyone ever feels uncomfortable appearing on camera please let me know, I completely understand and I have no issues with it Wink

Now onto the subject matter! As you probably notice we were filming non-stop for the whole weekend. That's so we have coverage for not one, not two, but three documentaries. Two of these docos I'm doing myself for you guys, one being the SVJ battle and a documentary on the weekend. The third is for a uni project, which is a documentary on our dearly beloved Apok.

The SvJ battle is done! Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiyb95zAeNM

I recommend watching it in 720p (HD), to avoid the ugly youtube compression. I have a full HD 1080p version which weights over 5GB and it will be available for anyone who wants a copy. I might stick it on a USB and give it to Apok and he will distribute it.

Editing the SvJ fight was quite challenging since I was constantly cutting back and forth from the Saturday fight to the Sunday fight! I think it goes pretty unnoticeable except one major thing... Look out for it and see if you notice it!

The other two documentaries will take a little longer but will post them up as soon as they are done.

Enjoy and again thanks to everyone for a really awesome weekend!

Spaniard.
I was wondering who the film crew were. The way Apok ran the battle especially for the padawans was fantastic and I loved the choreography of the battle itself. Love the doco!
Great Doco mate.
You and your Camera are always more than welcome as far as I'm concerned. I love the camera and the Camera loves me Wink

About to watch the SvJ one on my 50inch TV, Full Screen, and I can't wait for the other Doco's. Speaking of which, Apok, they made me say it. :P
It was just pure luck that the filming was done with me doing the JA. I was already running the JA this year Mrs Duck haha. Thanks Spanaird for filming the SvJ and doing the other stuff. This will make up for your lack of trooping.....just haha.
(Saturday 11-May-2013, 01:30 PM)Spaniard Wrote: [ -> ]Editing the SvJ fight was quite challenging since I was constantly cutting back and forth from the Saturday fight to the Sunday fight! I think it goes pretty unnoticeable except one major thing... Look out for it and see if you notice it!

The inconsistencies I noticed :P
1. I swapped hands with my lightsaber
2. we went out of sync in the circle of death :P
3. Tach's shirt changed colour
4. Zerebin and Draco swap sides at the end of their duel.
5. Moxxxie's sabers change position at mine and Tiri's throats
6. The appearance and disappearance of the barriers.

All uncontrollable by you. But the editing work, angles, music, everything Was AWESOME Doppeldaumen1
great vid. and always happy to stand in front of a camera and ramble!
Spaniard, This video is just pure epic. It oozes epicness through the screen its that epic. Nice work mate.
Nice work Spaniard,

can't wait to see your other stuff as well.

I reckon if anyone here has a problem with being on camera then it's a bit late with the thousands of photos we're all in from the weekend.Wink
Oh, thank you so very much for giving up your time to catch the weekend on film. Then, to edit such a fantastic clip is really really amazing!

Thank you!

I've already shown this to my parents - and essentially anybody who will listen. Amazing work!
Well done mate, that looks fantastic. Every year someone says they are going to edit the SvJ battle. This is the first time it has happened and I couldn't ask for better.
that is very well done!!
Cant wait to see the doco
Brilliant work!! Thank you!
I have last years Draco. I got it about 2 weeks before the event. I'll get you a copy now the dust has settled.
Very well done mate, great job editing together footage from both days.
Can't wait to see more from you and your crew, you guys have done a fantastic job.