Redback Garrison

Full Version: Townsville Marian School Book Week Parade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mission: To bring an imperial presence to a local schools book week parade, one of the classes had a star wars theme, so we were the obvious choice Wink

Trooper Attendance:
RBG: TC-8079 seantrooper Episode 2 Clone

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance: Caroline - Snowtrooper

Details: Imperial transport arrived at approximately 1:00 local time. We quickly found our contact and headed to the changerooms, also known as toilets :P

After helping first time trooper Caroline into armour, I quickly armoured up and we headed to our awaiting audience. We mingled with the crowd, posed for photos and joined in the parade with the star wars themed class. Even got to draw a raffle!

The kids adored us as we passed them in the parade, everyone wanting to get in on the imperial awesomeness.

A class also had a star trek theme, one kid dressed up as data and was amazed that I knew who he was (buzzard would be proud), and me knowing pretty much made his day Smile

Charity Funds Raised: lots of happy kids

Injuries / Malfunctions: none

Public Incidents:

Mission Status: A complete success and a very rewarding troop, the smiles on the kids faces made it all worthwhile, even though we didn't get a donation out of it. Also a big shoutout to Caro for being an awesome snowie. Her first time in armour and really nailed the interacting with the crowd, even though she's not on the forums (yet...), thought it was worth mentioning :P

Photos:

only have a couple, hopefully will be able to get more.

[Image: BookWeek1_zpsb564ccdf.jpg]
[Image: BookWeek2_zpse8f8f545.jpg]
Well done mate, and great work on the new recruit.
Excellent Smile
when was this? lol

edit - nvm I found the event plan lol I didnt even see it . My bad,guess I should check the events page more often lol