Redback Garrison

Full Version: Currimundi SS fete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Date:
31/08/13
Venue:
Currimundi State School

Time:
10 -1230

Mission:
To wow the crowds of the science spectacular fair with some visitors from a galaxy faf far away

Trooper Attendance:
4056 Stormraven ID
26976 Duras TK

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
Mickie.J wrangler
solo ( just "happened" Rolleyes to be walking past the school )

Details:
Most of the preliminary scouting had been carried out by Ashbash, Doppeldaumen1 but only a few days before the event she failed to dodge out of the way of the floor ( makes a change from trees I suppose Cheeky ) and was ruled out by the medical staff.

Arriving early Duras and Stormraven proceeded to get changed near the school but being near a beach the locals were pretty used to seeing guys in skins/wetsuits changing so at first we didn't get to much attention. Once Duras put his armour on that began to change, we were also join by Mike.J who came along to wrangle for us. Solo also made a brief appearance but has he was taking his youngling along to a birthday party he couldn't stay.

For a while we remained at the front gate of the school handing out maps and questionnaires to the carnival attendees, but there were a few passerby's who stopped and requested a snapshot for an Imperial souvenir. We then proceeded into the main school area and found that despite all the Rebel propaganda the Imperial presence was welcomed and appreciated. Duras showed off his imperial gunnery skills at a "beat a teacher" target range and didn't hit a thing Aaaah great way to impress the locals trooper Cheeky

Approaching the main hall we heard the strains of a familiar tune being played by the school band, and as if arranged by Lord Vader himself our entry was to the tune of the Imperial march. Much to the amazement of the crowd and the band. After being available for even more photo opportunities we continued on way stopping at various stalls and even a roller derby recruiting stand. Though after a tough year of trooping some of Duras armor couldn't stand the pressure any more so we finished up just after lunch.

Injuries / Malfunctions:
Duras's neckseal came off - again apparently.

Public Incidents:
there were about 3 cases of screaming younglings at Duras's presence but many more of joy and amazement

Mission Status:
Another success to add to the Redbacks list of achievements. Doppeldaumen1
well done gents and Ash
Great job guys Doppeldaumen1 I would of loved to have done this troop but i still got to send of my blue card application and im also still fixing my armor from the marathon last weekend
good stuff Smile great to see you keeping up our reputation for not being able to hit anything too :P
yep will be gluing that damh S type rubber seal on soon as I can... at least the belt stayed on this time Smile

Was (I think) a ok first run of the RomFX too though hard to tell being inside the bucket but will need to thread the cabling better next time

and I came close to getting a target ... once... out of 3 trys ... Wink
Great experience working with you two. a top day looking forward to next troopDoppeldaumen1
Good work fellas. No surprises Duras made more kids cry... :-)
was nearly 4 ... moohahahaha Smile
Nice work Troopers. Don't stress Duras, the more laser bolts you get in the air, the more likely you will hit something.
Sorry I couldn't go Sad
Well done and thanks Stormraven for taking POC at short notice.
I received this email this morning:

Thank you for taking part in our recent Currimundi Carnival & Science Spectacular at Currimundi State Primary School. We have been receiving lot's of positive feedback from people that enjoyed the day and we hope you did also. We would really appreciate any input you have that would make it even better.

Thank you again for taking part, you have been an important part of the days success. We hope to see you again at our next spectacular in 2 years time.

Warmest regards,

Alice Taylor-Tighe, Lynne Baker, Noni Burke
Carnival Coordinators

---
Well done Stormraven & Duras!
Hey Ash I would like to tell them that the crowds/kids were really well behaved and the only thing I would have liked would be a change/rest area. It wasn't an issue this troop as there were only the 2 of us in costume but next time we could have a few more present, and it would be great if we had an area to rest and changed over every now and again . Also mention that if the band decides to play the Imperial march again we would be happy to be present for it, we just happened to turn up at the right time this year. Doppeldaumen1
yep what Stormraven says covers it Smile
great work troopers, well done
Well done guys, sorry I couldn't make it busy getting ready for my new job.
Pages: 1 2