Redback Garrison

Full Version: Looking to join the fun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys my name is Geoff and i'm really keen on joining the 501 st.I want to start to build my first costume I was thinking a storm trooper to begin with. I've read all the warnings relating to E bay. I would like to know where the best place to get hold of a kit would be? Also if there is a AP coming up soon if it was possible to attend even if I don't have a kit yet. I was thinking i could help behind the scenes at any up coming events if you need it until I get one sorted ,let me know i guess. I was at supernova last week but the guys were flat out so i didn't hassle them too much.Anyway I know it's a long message just thought I'd say hi and find out my next step.
Welcome Geoff

cool to see your already aware of the dangers of evilbay Smile

check out the CRL (http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL) or for TK's specifically (http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL) as you will see there are a couple of variants to choose from in the shiny whitey brigade...

Also join up to http://www.whitearmor.net as that's the detachment site for us stormtroopers Smile

Dont think anyone has a AP coming up at the moment but depending where you are someone might be able to meet up for a chat (I'm out at Bribie Island way if that helps) or you could sign up to wrangle at a event and pick brains there. Wrangling is also a good opportunity to see what goes on
Welcome to the Redback forums, Geoff!
Welcome! Wavey
welcome Smile
Welcome Geoff Smile
Welcome to the forums Smile
Hi there Geoff, welcome to the Redback Forums. Glad you have seen the light and not bought anything off evilbay. Check with us first before doing so, always good to see another cannon fodder trooper in the making, aka StormTrooper. Sorry but I'm a Rebel by heart.Hehehe
Welcome, and annoy us anytime Td
Welcome.. awesome choice for your first costume, I must say. The guys and girls here are willing to help you, all you have to do is ask Smile
Welcome!!
Thanks for the friendly welcome everyone and thanks for the advice. I am actually living in the Caboolture area so yeah Duras if someone does want to meet up briefly for a chat that would be awesome. I'd really like to wrangle at your next event too how do i sign up for that? Just let me know and i'll try my best to be there.I'll check those sights and hopefully see some of you soon....Geoff.
We do have an event this weekend on the island but that one has a Blue Card requirement so not sure you can make that one and then this is a quieter time of year Santa

Think the option might be that you and I organise a time via PM's one weekend. I can go through my kit with you, have a chat and try to help you on the right way
Hi Geoff, welcome. I'm on the other side of Caboolture, in Wamuran. Happy to chat about costumes whenever you are free.
Thanks guys my Email address is geoffn@australiazoo.com.au so if you flick me a message we could work out a time to catch up. Appreciate everyones help, talk soon.
Pages: 1 2