Redback Garrison

Full Version: Hi from Clermont CQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, I was stoked to briefly see you at Game Traders in Mackay on the weekend and thank you for taking the time to take a pic with my niece. I have been a big fan of Star Wars for many years. I use to have a Episode IV Stormtrooper costume in the late 80's early 90's but long since gone. Because Episode IV, V and VI had the biggest influence on me as a teenager, I've decided on again owning a Ep IV Stormtrooper costume. The costume itself in on the way but I'm having trouble sourcing an authentic looking blaster from reputable sites and from how I remember it from the 80's. Any help there would very more then appreciated. Hopefully look forward to meeting some of you that are in the region in the new year.

Cheers

Simon
Welcome Simon, nice choice on the ANH Trooper, but I am a little biased Smile
welcome Smile
Welcome

have you considered building your own blaster? you can get a good resin kit from http://www.doopydoos.com
Welcome Smile
Good choice mate, and welcome Smile
Thanks all for your welcome.

Thank Duras, found exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers

Simon
No probs... Have a look through the build threads too there's been a few using the doopy kits
Hi Simon, welcome, I was the animated Commander Cody at Gametraders in Mackay. I have stunt version TK storm trooper from Ep IV ANH too. Great choice. (There's not much hair left under my helmet and it's going grey).
Can I inquire what kit you have on the way? It's not the one from the guy in the UK? Or a Rubies?
Fantastic to see more central Queenslanders getting on board.
Hopefully we can answer your questions and help you source movie accurate parts for your kit (be very careful of online traders and evilbay many claim to movie accurate but are overpriced rubbish).
Hi Michael,

I've purchased it off a friend in Sydney, Its a near new 2nd hand kit that was bought originally in from the states. It seems to meet the standards required so I should be ok. I could find out later where he sourced it from as he is an avid collector of a broad range of franchises. And thanks again for the photo op. My niece was stoked.

Cheers Simon
Welcome to the forums, Simon!
Simon, I am currently working on a realistic commander Gree clone and will be moving to clermont in the next month, will have to catch up. Cheers Zanman
Welcome Simon.
Welcome!
Looks like we'll have to plan more troops in Mackay, well given the distance isn't that much different to drive to Rockhampton, you are always welcome to troop with us here too. Also I think accommodation might be a bit cheaper in Rockhampton than Mackay too.
I'm hoping I'll be doing a work trip out to Homevale, the Clermont office is moving too, so fingers crossed I'll be able to stop in an say hi, I should have plenty of room in the car so I can bring my TK out with me if you'd like to get a close up look at all the parts.
Pages: 1 2