Redback Garrison

Full Version: Hello and help with tk amour - jes Gistang
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello to all 501st,
My name is Julie and I need your help.
I have been meaning to join the empire for years but only recently obtained storm trooper amour and picked a character - Jes Gistang - company C - battalion 9th of the 407th Divison.

The problem is that I don't know how to put the armour together and how to change the breast plates to ..... well, fit breasts.

Any ideas or help would be great and if there is any amour parties happening so please invite me- I can sew. Smile
Welcome Julie!

How about you tell us a bit about yourself, like where you're from etc. and see if there's some Redbacks close to you who can help you out Smile
Hi Julie, I was thinking/planning on working on some armour projects this Wednesday morning after 10am. If you are in Brisbane and have time free, you could drop round.

I'm on the south side of town, near Garden City.
Sorry, new to forums of any kind. I live and work on the south side of Brisbane. I collect and read all Star Wars novels - written word only.
And sorry I'm a sucker for Han Solo.

Bugger. Working Wednesday. I live near garden city too.
Welcome to the Redbacks!
Hi Julie,
Welcome.
Firstly, you mention you have obtained armour, what make of armour is it?
Welcome Julie! My wife and I are also on the Southside. We'd be more than happy to give you a helping hand! Doppeldaumen1
Gday and welcome Julie you sound as though you know a bit about Jes already but here is some more info on her you may not know about. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jes_Gistang . Her character is set in the "Legacy Era" about 130 years after the movies, presently there is no costume guidelines for troopers of this era and it is appears to be combination of Stormtrooper and Clone armor. The closest of the current guidelines that you could use to base your build on would be http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_hwt .

I have about 30 Star Wars novels and a selection of the comics including the Legacy series. And you are not alone in your admiration of Han Solo.
welcome to the forums Julie!
before you modify anything you need to research this costume to make sure it is approvable by the 501st legion, not everything in star wars is approvable.

I am not the costume approval committee and I could be wrong but you also need to make sure the armour you bought is approvable. If you bought FX armour from ebay you may be wasting your money as changes to the costume acceptance has been raised to a higher level of screen accuracy.

Phantom and Bids are hopefully reading this and need to give you some info.

If you purchased rubies armour you have just wasted alot of cash as it is not approvable.

take some photos and show us what you have please

regards scope
hi and welcome to the forums!

The armour for Jes Gistang is completely unique and seems to be a mashup of clone and tk bits, with a few custom pieces. As it stands, there are currently no makers for this armour, but there is a section on FISD here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/76...ker-squad/ where there could be some helpful discussions or research for you.
Welcome Julie, good luck with your research.
Welcome Julie,
I think you would have to make that armour from scratch, depending on your body shape if you were to buy a kit to modify it may stress the plastic, that costume is very form fitting. The breast plates look like they would need to be made from scratch. Best thing is to do lots of research and also firstly make sure it's an approvable character.Doppeldaumen1
Jes Gistang has enough references (images, action figures and a large format figure) and her allegiance is dark side, so I wouldn't foresee any issue on the character being approvable into the 501st.

Sourcing the armour parts though, could be a bit of a mission, as the Joker Squad armour is a mixture of clone and stormtrooper pieces. with a few custom parts thrown in, but if you have the right skills to build it, or you're friendly with someone who does, then it would be a really cool build once it's finished Smile
Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice with the amour for - jes Gistang. I'm feeling a little over whelmed with the detail involved with character so I think I will stick to the basic storm trooper setup for my first build.
[/php]
Pages: 1 2