Redback Garrison

Full Version: Jawa Ion Blaster Build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay... so school holidays are here and it's time to tackle some projects. Decided to build an ion blaster that is not screen accurate (because I can't source some items) but is rather an "interpretation" of the larger Jawa weapon. My aim was to build this weapon for the cheapest price possible... so I scavenged (well it is a Jawa blaster) around the shed and found some plastic pipe joiners, an old cup, a broken torch and a broken bike brake handle (not shown). The rifle butt was purchased at a market sale for a fiver.
[Image: image_zpsc8910fc8.jpg]

I glued the PVC pipe joiner to the sawn-off downsized rifle stock and bolted it into place. I also bolted the cup to the other PVC peices so that they could simply screw together...
[Image: image_zpsf4c479b7.jpg]

By screwing the two peices together the whole barrel is very solid...
[Image: image_zps5bcec684.jpg]

Added the broken torch to the rifle butt with a long cup head bolt and hotglued on some pieces I found. Some other pieces were hotglued over the branding stamps on the main PVC pipe. Then primed it all up. That's it for today...
[Image: image_zps613d14fb.jpg]
That's darn cool mate , this for Elise or the guy in lounge room ?
Cheers
Wolf
Both Wink
that is very cool
Way cool!

Terror
Back to it... I sprayed a base coat of a sandy brown (mocha) colour then let it dry overnight. Added a smaller layer of a darker brown to give it a two tone weathered look. Will attack it with a black (gun powder blast effect) next...
[Image: image_zps52dc41b1.jpg]
Now that's a clever use of materials!! I love it!!
After blasting the gun with a can of flat black, I added some weathering with sandpaper and a few flecks of chrome silver. Like I said... it's not a screen accurate replica... more an interpretation of a scavenged weapon.
[Image: image_zpse26180b3.jpg]

It looks quite dark and "clean" in the pics... but is quite weathered. I'm happy with the result.
[Image: image_zps0135de8d.jpg]

The "welding" on the muzzle is just hot glue.
[Image: image_zps349ac569.jpg]
School Holiday project number one ...COMPLETE.

Now on to project number two...
[Image: image_zpsd017ab1d.jpg]