Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer
Well, this is my last post as the Garrison CO.

Eight years has seen some huge changes to the Legion and some great changes here in Queensland, and with the new movie now out, there will be a whole lot more.

I’d sincerely like to thank the entire Garrison for their support over the years. The club is only as strong as its members make it, and the Redbacks’ reputation as a leader in all aspects of this hobby is without compare, and that is wholly due to outstanding drive, ethos and desire to be the best that the Redback members have within themselves.

Not only have we led the way in the hobby of Star Wars costuming, but in the process the club has allowed for many lasting friendships to be formed, both within the Redbacks and also around Australia and across the world.

I hesitate to take credit for much at all whilst I have been the steward of the club, but I take some pride in the fact that whilst I have been at the helm I have contributed to creating an environment where so many new friendships have been able to form. As I pass into retirement I shall take this as the principle legacy of my time as the 501st Legion’s Redback Garrison Commanding Officer.

Rick ‘Cobra’ Oliver will now take over as the Acting GCO until the end of February, whereupon the Garrison will elect a new GCO.

Thank you all for your kind words over the past few weeks, and I look forward to trooping with you all in the future.

Kevin ‘Kev Vader’ Chamberlain
Redback Garrison Commanding Officer (Retired)

Messages In This Thread
Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by Kev Vader - Friday 18-Dec-2015, 12:01 AM
RE: Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by Teiwaz - Friday 18-Dec-2015, 12:13 AM
Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by Duras - Friday 18-Dec-2015, 05:31 AM
RE: Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by muppet - Friday 18-Dec-2015, 06:12 AM
RE: Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by APOK - Friday 18-Dec-2015, 07:32 AM
Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by Sly - Friday 18-Dec-2015, 10:34 AM
RE: Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by MyKill - Friday 18-Dec-2015, 12:53 PM
Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by VickyVic - Friday 18-Dec-2015, 01:32 PM
RE: Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by scope - Friday 18-Dec-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by MjrD - Friday 18-Dec-2015, 02:48 PM
Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by RedaV - Friday 18-Dec-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by Firestorm - Saturday 19-Dec-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by MammaSith - Saturday 19-Dec-2015, 06:37 AM
RE: Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by Moxxxie - Saturday 19-Dec-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by Hoon - Sunday 20-Dec-2015, 02:59 AM
RE: Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer - by Altair - Sunday 20-Dec-2015, 10:09 AM