Would love to troop but am I suitable ( really??)
Hi Gang! My name is Bec, aka Gecko, and I was both fascinate and highly impressed by your organization after learning about the 501st from a Scout leader friend (yes, I am a scout leader, the dib dib dob dob kind not the biker scout kind, however my good friend is a biker scout with Redback Garrison). Anyway, enough rambling you guys look brilliant but equally importantly do some amazing charity work and just bring big smiles to so many kids, including
"big kids" wherever you go ( give yourselves a big pat on the back, arrhh mean armor.....arhhLol) Anyway! To the point ( yes there is a point). Whilst I definitely enjoyed Star Wars Episodes 4,5 & 6 with my brother as a child and probably raced around the house on heaps of occasions with donuts on my ears. To be honest whilst I know the basics of the prequels they came out during the years that i was busy with newborns and toddlers. Though I LOVE costuming ( last week I was dressed as Luigi for my son's Mario kart party) but I am in all honesty ( apart from the excuse to wear a costume
) really attracted to the 501st because I would like to help support the charities you do and quite simply make little and big people alike SMILE ( or run away in terror in some cases). So to the final question, even though I may not be joiining because I am the most knowledgeable Star Wars buff in the empire ( and yes, I just heard a large percentage of you moan and delete my post) would I still be suitable for the 501st? Honestly? I would love to have been Jawa but I am 5 foot 8" on a short day and am interested in Mara jade Skywalker but would be interested to know from those who have multiple costumes is it more fun to wear a helmet? Wrangling? What does that involve? Anyway thanks for your time. Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and sincerely hope those in flood affected areas are safe. Cheers, Gecko

Messages In This Thread
Would love to troop but am I suitable ( really??) - by Bec Buist - Friday 31-Dec-2010, 11:29 AM
RE: Would love to troop but am I suitable ( really??) - by ScOrP - Saturday 22-Jan-2011, 02:18 PM