Queensland Children's Hospital visit - Feb 2024
Date: Feb 28th, 2024

Venue: Queensland Children's Hospital

Mission: To visit children on the wards and spread some distraction and fun.

Trooper Attendance:
Donut - TK
BobaCanuck - Boba Fett
Ktty - Jawa

Details:

We were invited by the Children's Hospital Foundation to come along and visit some of the children currently in the Queensland Children's Hospital.
We started out the day by making a quick visit to Mr. Potato Head for a quick photo, which has become a bit of a tradition when visiting the hospital, before we headed out to visit the wards.
Lead by our amazing QHF volunteer, Matthew, we visited various areas of the hospital including Outpatients, Day-patients and intensive care, which provided a bit of variety to the normal ward visits.

Having the visit occur in the morning, as well as visiting these specific areas meant we got to meet a lot of kids and families.

Boba Fett was a favourite, especially with one little boy who wanted to press the buttons on his gauntlets! And Ktty's light up Jawa eyes were a constant point of interest and discussion from the children we met.

Overall it was a really positive and smooth visit.

Thanks so much to BobaCanuck and Ktty for coming along!

Injuries/Malfunctions: My belt was loose because I've lost weight. I used a safety pin to tighten it, which came undone halfway through the troop, meaning I was acutely aware that my belt might come undone. Luckily it held, but I'll need to fix it before my next troop.

Mission Status: Complete Success

[Image: F5cTdMF.jpeg]
[Image: PBmWSjM.jpg]

[Image: 3Hio6Oa.jpg]

[Image: fO9DEHU.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Queensland Children's Hospital visit - Feb 2024 - by Donut - Friday 1-Mar-2024, 12:51 PM
RE: Queensland Children's Hospital visit - Feb 2024 - by Ktty - Wednesday 20-Mar-2024, 11:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report May 4th Hospital Visit - GCUH Ktty 3 480 Monday 8-May-2023, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Rubber
Troop Report May The 4th Be With You - Children's Hospital Ward Visit Ktty 3 740 Monday 9-May-2022, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Rubber
Troop Report GC University Hospital Children's Critical Care Unit 5th Birthday Blue 0 2,425 Sunday 17-Feb-2019, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Blue