my first hello
Hi all,
My name is Mark and I live in Gympie Qld.

I have thought and talked about getting involved with the 501st
for a number of years among my family and friends but have never seemed to get around to it till now. I have been a long standing Star wars fan for many years in fact I would say I grew up on it, no doubt the same as many of you would have. I still remember my first little die cast xwing that blew apart when you pushed a button on the back of it, that my dad brought home.

So I attended gold coast supernova last weekend and saw the amazing fun you all have and the great work all of you carry out, and decided there that I would stop talking about it and just do it.

Goldcoast supanova was the first time I have attended a pop culture convention, the first time I have dressed in costume and was the first costume I have ever made and I had a ball, I was made to feel welcome.

I have been involved in other charity groups for sometime and they do great work but you all have that something special, and I want to be involved.

I have thought about what I would like to be and think I would want to be a sand trooper, but I would propose the question of where to start with my costume, I have down loaded the info on it and would love some guidance of what steps to follow, also info on how to start being involved while I embark on my build.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this or assistance any one could offer.

Cheers

Mark
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16

Messages In This Thread
my first hello - by monion25 - Thursday 23-Apr-2015, 07:49 PM
RE: my first hello - by Slide Effect - Thursday 23-Apr-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: my first hello - by scope - Thursday 23-Apr-2015, 08:26 PM
my first hello - by Sly - Thursday 23-Apr-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: my first hello - by cobra - Thursday 23-Apr-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: my first hello - by Teiwaz - Thursday 23-Apr-2015, 10:39 PM
RE: my first hello - by Phantom - Friday 24-Apr-2015, 07:28 AM
RE: my first hello - by Rebelrach - Friday 24-Apr-2015, 10:43 AM
RE: my first hello - by Dw - Friday 24-Apr-2015, 04:24 PM