How to not build a Mando
I'm not quite sure why you're raging at the Sandhawk command team here.. when you posted in the pre-application thread and received 5 good posts providing feedback on things you needed to change. Alas you applied before fixing the issues they mentioned... The pre-application thread is just that.. feedback Before you apply to prevent this kind of frustration.

Perhaps you could politely request some detailed feedback from the approvals team so you have a better idea on exactly what needs to be changed and why.
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
I don't think she was raging against the command team... she even said that she received good comments about it just that the approval team had issues and its a shame the opinions of the two groups didn't match

Phantomblade - at the end of the day though its always going to be the GML (or other group equivalent title) opinion that matters regardless of anyone else as that's their job
DW2013 to DW2018
I figured the Sandhawk command would have a decent idea of what was required. And it's most definitely not them I'm frustrated with. Or 'raging at them' as you put it. The approvals team are who I'm at a loss with (and really only one particular member. The other member was quite helpful). Sandhawks have been nothing but supportive. So I thought I was in with a chance when I posted in pre approvals, as Luciferian didn't think there was very much wrong at all (her first comment was along the lines of stop being so hard on yourself, your kit looks fine). Note, that pre approvals was as far as I'd gone. I certainly hadn't attempted full approval, so I dont know why you feel the need to insinuate that I have. I'm happy to fix what needs fixing, it's just really weird that the local command thinks my kit isn't half bad, but the overall command thinks there's a tonne to fix. The only reason I even bothered submitting in pre approvals is because I'd been lead to believe that besides crooked plates, I was more or less ready to go. If I had known my kit was so far off, I wouldn't have bothered wasting everyone's time. Every costume I've submitted anywhere has been sent back for improvement. It's not the rejection that bothers me, it's the way they went about it. They probably didn't mean it this way, but I'd taken what they'd written about being insensitive as a personal attack. I'm embarrassed to admit that it left me in tears and very nearly ready to throw the kit out. As it is, it's currently sitting in bags ready for the bin. Those shells had been on my belt for months, and the locals hadn't had anything to say about it. A comment along the lines of 'Those aren't swarsy, ditch them' I'd been expecting. Coming close to being called insensitive, and engaging in actions that would reflect badly on the whole club? Not cool. Similar thing with the cape. Patterned cape was sitting in my build thread, for months, and I'm only just informed that the CRL changed. So a cape, that I'd spend 2 hours on, that was approvable a month ago, now isn't.
So can you blame me for being disappointed in how they've done it?
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
I had to zoom in on the bandolier to see they were rounds. I thought they were 'poison darts' which I thought was a pretty cool idea actually.
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
Can I steal that idea? I like that idea. Even if I don't use the casings themselves, it'd be something to stick in the belt. It'd be handy to have if I went for one of the brigades too, although I'd then have to make a dart 'launcher'. I could just throw them at people, but that's inefficient.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
could you also call them food capsules like the Jedi use?
DW2013 to DW2018
I was very, very close to repainting a few, but then thought they might be the wrong shape. So i'll have to check with that one, as it would be handy to keep them in the belt if I could. The belt on it's own is too earthy I think (and I'd actually expected the belt to get commented on, but it wasn't. So it must be ok??). Most people use bandolier type things, but I scored mine cheap and decided I'd run with it and see what happened. I figure if I drown the belt in trophies and such I'll A) disguise the belt and B) become a grabby child magnet.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
I reckon the bandolier itself looks fine. To me it's the same 'vintage' as Boba and Jango's leather pouches and ever Jango's thigh holsters. It's just a matter of how it's used I suppose.
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
So close.
Just need to weather the flightsuit and I"ll be good to go. Being such a dark suit I'm not convinced that black spray paint will show up too well. So I might selectively bleach bits.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017