Plague Doctor
Hey peps. I've decided to put together a plage doctor costume to wear at cons and at non-501st events. Here's my progress so far today.

started off with making a coif and added some shoulder pads.
I'm not too happy with how the coif is sitting. I may scrap it and try again.

[Image: image_82.jpeg]

[Image: image_83.jpeg]

I then put together the front and back capes. (I promise I am wearing pants).

[Image: image_84.jpeg]

[Image: image_85.jpeg]

So yeah, this is gonna be my weekend project. Any advice or ideas are welcome. It's looking very assassins creed at the moment and I'm not too happy with that either... We'll see how I go.

Xmez.
"Hey X-Mez!"

"Damn it, it's pronounced Xmez with a Z. Like the X in xylophone, or xerxes, or xenomorph." 

"Sure thing X-Mez. Whatever you say."

Banghead
wow u def been busy cj.....did the gloves look allright
FNG  DW2018  Bobafett  DW2016 DW2017 SN17
Yeah the gloves are looking fine so far.
"Hey X-Mez!"

"Damn it, it's pronounced Xmez with a Z. Like the X in xylophone, or xerxes, or xenomorph." 

Banghead
Very nice! I might need to make an Ezio to wear with it.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
So today I failed to make a hat...

[Image: image_86.jpeg]

But I did get the inner robes (poorly) done and made a belt and some pouches too.

[Image: image_88.jpeg]

Looks like I need to add some more material to the bottom layer... Way to easy to see that line.
"Hey X-Mez!"

Banghead
I don't think I can save this as a plague doctor... I may have to get a sword and convert it into a templar costume.
"Hey X-Mez!"

Banghead
Turning lemons into lemonade. I like your style
So... I decided I would push though with the plague doctor... I may yet be able to salvage it with some heavy weathering... make it look like I've walking through a bloody battlefield...
Either way, I have finished making my hat v2.0.

I made it on a stronger base and had to hand sew it cause I couldn't do it on a machine. I'm sure it can be done... it's just I couldn't. Either way I think it turned out kinda sorta okay...

[Image: image_89.jpeg]

[Image: image_90.jpeg]

[Image: image_91.jpeg]

[Image: image_92.jpeg]
"Hey X-Mez!"

Banghead
Belt for the plague doctor, done. I've named the pistol "Mercy"

[Image: IMG_5954_1.jpg]
"Hey X-Mez!"

Banghead
With the belt on.

[Image: IMG_5959.jpg]

Next step is a surgical tool vest.
"Hey X-Mez!"

Banghead
Looks well cool , nice work CJ
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Started working on the breather backpack today. Below is today's progress on the box and the electronics. 
I'm planning on cutting down one of the white canisters to use as an oxygen tank that will hang below the box.

[Image: IMG_6097.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6098.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6100.jpg]

It will have functional lights on the control board and one of the switches will turn the breather pack on and off. I still have to put together a piston pump to drive the breather.
[Image: IMG_6101.jpg]
"Hey X-Mez!"

Banghead
Very little progress today. Wasted half the day recovering from last night. But i got the accordion breather done. 
Now I just need to build a crank and figure out some gearing to slow the rotations down to about 10-12 rpm. It's currently set at 38rpm. Any thoughts would be welcome. 
[Image: IMG_6107.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6108.jpg]
"Hey X-Mez!"

Banghead
Did some painting.... just procrastinating about putting together the drive shaft to pump the breather tube... still not 100% sure how I'm going to do it...

[Image: IMG_6474.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6473.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6472.jpg]
"Hey X-Mez!"

Banghead
Whoops, forgot to update this thread. The doctor, is done... I decided to scrap the backpack as it turned into more of a headache than I planned. I still have some weathering to do but overall I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. 

[Image: IMG_8441.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8485.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8477.jpg]
"Hey X-Mez!"

Banghead