Chinese Parade Dragon
Not really a costume, but I've been commissioned to make a Chinese Dragon like those seen in parades for a play. So, here we go. 
I decided to start with the easiest part and make the skin for the body first. A quick trip to spotlight and a quick call to the client had me walking out with about $68 worth of fabric. 
I started cutting cutting the fur into strips to use as trim for the dragon. 
[Image: IMG_8651.jpg]

I think it looks pretty good against the green scale. After joining four sections of scale with the red fur to help disguise the joins, I went to work attaching the belly. 
[Image: IMG_8653.jpg][Image: IMG_8654.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8655.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8663.jpg]
With the belly attached on both sides, I wound up with a 3 meter dragon bodyskin. Once the head and tail are attached, the total length of the dragon should be about 4 meters.
"Hey X-Mez!"

"Damn it, it's pronounced Xmez with a Z. Like the X in xylophone, or xerxes, or xenomorph." 

"Sure thing X-Mez. Whatever you say."

Banghead
If you need pics of a head let me know... I've got one i can take pics of for you...
Have we ever hit anything with these things?

DW2016   OCC2016   BN16  
(Wednesday 26-Apr-2017, 09:11 PM)Nilrem Wrote:  If you need pics of a head let me know... I've got one i can take pics of for you...

I'll take all the help/reference photos  I can get, cheers

It now has a spinal ridge and soon will have ribs!! The body is almost complete and the tail will be next, (saving the head as the hardest part for last)
[Image: IMG_8680.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8679.jpg]
"Hey X-Mez!"

"Damn it, it's pronounced Xmez with a Z. Like the X in xylophone, or xerxes, or xenomorph." 

Banghead
Looking awesome!!!!
It has shape!!!

[Image: IMG_8735.jpg]

And a rainbow tail/great hammer!! 

[Image: IMG_8775.jpg]

AND IT STANDS!!! Muhahhahhahahaha!!!

[Image: IMG_8777.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8778.jpg]
"Hey X-Mez!"

Banghead
And the tail is complete! It is a little lose by design. Held to the body with industrial Velcro so any repairs can be easily done and so the sticks can be removed for storage and transport. Smile 

[Image: IMG_8837.jpg]
"Hey X-Mez!"

Banghead
It's done!!! 
[Image: IMG_9361.jpg]
[Image: IMG_9364.jpg]
"Hey X-Mez!"

Banghead
Nice one mate!
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016