Inflatable PORG - Darth (Sian) Cooper Build

Hi all, 

Over the past few months I have been working with a company based down in Melbourne that manufactures custom inflatables. As a lover of Porgs (apparently they taste like chicken), I am now in the final stages of creating a custom inflatable Porg costume. 

This inflatable will sit at approximately 190cm in height and feature a battery operated internal fan. It is made from a durable polyester material which will be fully colour printed. 

Below is an example of the latest 3D model the design team and I have been working on. Please note that a texture/gradient still needs to be applied to the colour to add a 'feathering' effect. The added texture makes a significant difference to the overall appearance of the design. 

In terms of the feet, I have invested in a pair of caricature chicken feet slippers. Inflatable feet were unable to be manufactured at risk of the material rubbing against the ground and creating holes/tears. The wings have arm holes that will allow me to move the wings up and down ever so slightly.

Overall I was very limited with what I could achieve with an inflatable design, particularly in terms of the shape of the body and head, however I think that the end design is coming together rather well. Fingers crossed this should be manufactured and shipped in time for The Last Jedi AU release date. 

Clearly such a design will never be 501st approved, but this could potentially make a cute mascot to hang around future event setups. I'm sure that the kids will get a kick out of it... and that's the main thing. 

Cheers,

Sian
(Tuesday 14-Nov-2017, 03:03 PM)Darth Cooper Wrote:  Hi all, 

Over the past few months I have been working with a company based down in Melbourne that manufactures custom inflatables. As a lover of Porgs (apparently they taste like chicken), I am now in the final stages of creating a custom inflatable Porg costume. 

This inflatable will sit at approximately 190cm in height and feature a battery operated internal fan. It is made from a durable polyester material which will be fully colour printed. 

Below is an example of the latest 3D model the design team and I have been working on. Please note that a texture/gradient still needs to be applied to the colour to add a 'feathering' effect. The added texture makes a significant difference to the overall appearance of the design. 

In terms of the feet, I have invested in a pair of caricature chicken feet slippers. Inflatable feet were unable to be manufactured at risk of the material rubbing against the ground and creating holes/tears. The wings have arm holes that will allow me to move the wings up and down ever so slightly.

Overall I was very limited with what I could achieve with an inflatable design, particularly in terms of the shape of the body and head, however I think that the end design is coming together rather well. Fingers crossed this should be manufactured and shipped in time for The Last Jedi AU release date. 

Clearly such a design will never be 501st approved, but this could potentially make a cute mascot to hang around future event setups. I'm sure that the kids will get a kick out of it... and that's the main thing. 

Cheers,

Sian
This is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

We need you in The Knights of Porg!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Porg-a-Lucius!
The Knights of Porg need this
One Day I will be as cool as Slide!
[Image: DW2017.png][Image: OCC2017.jpg] [Image: SN17.png] 
[Image: DW2018.png] [Image: SN18.png]
Below is an updated version of the 3D inflatable design with colour. Once again, how this appears on screen will differ to the final product. I cannot make the body of this any larger as the internal fan will be ineffective and not powerful enough to blow up the entire costume. Ultimately I think this is the version that will end up in production... then I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that it all turns out ok!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please don’t show Adam petterson this please it would prob end up for sale in the JRS shop. And my bank cant handle too much more
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk