MyKill's Rambling Lightsaber Question Thread
Build Thread 
as some may know, I am putting a Generic Jedi together for RL membership, and I am about to order my first Lightsaber!

I know what I want - but as this is my first foray into this world, I don't want to make a mistake, or forget something important.

I have decided to go with an Ultrasaber, and its largely my colour choice that I want to check the group consensus with - for the blade, I want to go with Fire Orange, for it's association with Sentinel Yellow as well as Jedi such as Yaddle (not because it is almost red) - I also like some of the Old Republic Legends material associating orange with a Jedi that uses violence as a last resort - but is powerful in battle when every avenue of negotiation has been made.

The thing I wanted to check on is that I would rather have a black hilt - specifically the Dominix V4 with Obsidian Lite sound.

first off, is an orange blade still approvable in the RL, and would having it on a black hilt be considered too close to an attempt at a "generic sith" (which I should say, it isn't) - I have no issue with using the the Aeon V4 hilt instead (same shape, only in silver), I just prefer the black.

the other thing I would like to check on is if I have forgotten something in the choices available on their order form:

Dominix V4 with Obsidian Lite sound and windows in the emitter, and the regular vented pommel.
Flash on Clash - red (only colour available to Orange)
standard battery setup (only choice with Lite)
Blade length - with my height, should I go 40", or stick with 36"and save 20 bucks?
Blade type. Ultraedge midgrade, round tip
The switch - the upgrade from guarded to black AV looks good, but is it worth going with the illuminated switch, and should it match the blade colour?
I'll get the Allen key to be on the safe side
I'll also get a blade plug - just haven't decided how fancy to go just yet.
I am going to get the Covertec clip and wheel - with the wheel installed at 3 o'clock to the activation switch (to avoid my left hand in a two handed grip).

now, an extra thing I wanted to do is make the hilt a long handle by adding a single Yari extension (I feel the Dominix/Aeon best matches the Yari design).

I cant decide between using a flush fit vented coupler, or the vented quick release coupler - would I need to order a solid pommel cap for the bottom of the extension?
and if I go quick release, do you think they'd install a Covertec wheel on one end of the Yari extension?

I know that a lot of questions, but like I said, I just wanted to check if I was about to make a Noob mistake.  I can't order until after Gold Nova - do you think they'd be able to ship before DW?
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Nest people to ask are the Temple Master , Thrawn V'jun or Hoppy
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
The orange is pretty good (I have a couple of Ultrasabers sabre with orange). Pretty sure it can be RL approved.

I'm 6'4" and a 36" blade looks fine. I don't know that it would be worth spending the money on a 40".

The upgrade from guarded to AV switch is definitely worth it. I have both types and the AV looks and feels better. I wouldn't worry about matching the blade colour unless you really want to.

Why do you want to do the extension? The Dominix is already freaking huge. I actually have one with the fire orange but no sound. It's 12.5" long and quite a handful already.
[Image: DW2018.png]   [Image: SN18.png]

[Image: VZnMXmI.jpg]
(Thursday 19-Apr-2018, 12:22 PM)MammaSith Wrote:  Nest people to ask are the Temple Master , Thrawn V'jun or Hoppy
Will be messaging when I get home tonight, just oosted this here so I'd stop waffling about posting this here.
(Thursday 19-Apr-2018, 02:19 PM)Nighthawk Wrote:  The orange is pretty good (I have a couple of Ultrasabers sabre with orange). Pretty sure it can be RL approved.

I'm 6'4" and a 36" blade looks fine. I don't know that it would be worth spending the money on a 40".

The upgrade from guarded to AV switch is definitely worth it. I have both types and the AV looks and feels better. I wouldn't worry about matching the blade colour unless you really want to.

Why do you want to do the extension? The Dominix is already freaking huge. I actually have one with the fire orange but no sound. It's 12.5" long and quite a handful already.

I've chosen the Dominix because it is huge (Ive got big hands), and I want to put the extension on for more of a Nagamaki look than the traditional Katana style, but the quick release seems a good compromise between practicality and looks.
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Yesterday, In the space of 12 hours (with no planning on my part), I managed to talk to 4 of the 5 people I needed to talk to about this, in person Lol
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19