Darth Plagueis not 501st?
Hey guys. Just inquiring as to why Darth Plagueis is not featured on the SLD with a CRL? I know he is not featured in the 7 movies but neither are some of the characters that are approval that feature in Clone wars. Any info would be appreciated.
DW2017 Tie OCC2017
[Image: xkUIaO4.jpg]
Not enough reference pictures maybe?
Sith  Use your hate and strike me down  Sith
DW2017 FNG
I'd say it's because no one has bothered with starting a CRL on him
I'd second what Triple9 said and would say lack of reference images
DW2013 to DW2018
I think I might be able to help provide some info on this Smile

So it's kinda complicated how it works in terms of where certain Sith lord costumes go but in brief the SLD is dedicated to housing official film canon Sith Lords, so really any Sith that appears on the big screen. Currently the only two exceptions to the rule are Kylo since although not technically a Sith or a Darth he resides with us on the SLD since it made sense. The second being the Ralph McQuarrie Concept Vader (much like how the FISD has the RMQ TK)

Then for costumes/characters such as Darth Plagueis whom don't appear in the films would have a home over on The Flagship Eclipse which covers the rest of the Sith Lords that aren't film canon ranging from Darth Revan to Starkiller. Plagues would also fall under TFE as well. TFE Is also where characters from the TV shows such as Ventress are located as well

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costu...clipse_CRL

Oh and the other fellas are right, there wouldn't be a CRL of Plagueis since no one has bothered to make him or draft one up. A lack of reference material would also be an issue

Hopefully that helps answer you question mate Doppeldaumen1
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19
Distance Traveled To Troops =  4346.4km
I checked the flagship eclipse before my first comment he's not on that either
Sith  Use your hate and strike me down  Sith
DW2017 FNG
(Saturday 3-Sep-2016, 08:21 PM)Triple9 Wrote:  I checked the flagship eclipse before my first comment he's not on that either

Yeah technically Plagueis is 100% TFE, the only reason you won't see a CRL is because no one has built a Plagueis yet. They've changed how new to legion costume are done now and teh builder can't just have a blank CRL up and have an approved costume of said blank CRL. So TFE won't be putting up CRL page until the whole thing is written up and someone has made the costume (at least that's how I remember it off the top of my head)

Just did a search on the TFE forums too and there's not a single mention of him in a costume sense so I'd say it's never really been thought of
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19
Awesome info guys. I had a friend who is considering joining and he wanted to look at this as a character. I gave the advice of "follow and build your favorite character" for your first as it makes the build more rewarding

I knew id get the right info here. By the looks of things on google image search it looks like there is about a dozen interpretations of him also.

Thank-you guys.
DW2017 Tie OCC2017
[Image: xkUIaO4.jpg]
(Saturday 3-Sep-2016, 10:07 PM)BigDub Wrote:  Awesome info guys. I had a friend who is considering joining and he wanted to look at this as a character. I gave the advice of "follow and build your favorite character" for your first as it makes the build more rewarding

I knew id get the right info here. By the looks of things on google image search it looks like there is about a dozen interpretations of him also.

Thank-you guys.

That's excellent on advice for going for the character you love Wink

With that in mind I can share some insight since I've been working through the same process he would go through for Plaguesis but with my RMQ Vader. So he may find it useful to see how I've gone about the documentation and research side of things http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=10455

I would also highly recommend having a read of the page linked too below as it it give excellent clarification into new to Legion Costumes Doppeldaumen1

This part in particular helps outline the requirements in terms of references:
Quote:- The character must be represented visually by an officially authorized Star Wars publication. Full body front/back/side reference must be available. Costumes based only on text descriptions cannot be approved.

-An action figure may be used as supplemental reference, but cannot not be the only reference for the character.

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costu...erApproval
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19
A mate of mine in the states has been working on his head so it wont be long till it will be on the crl's
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Noto Sans', sans-serif, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol', 'Noto Color Emoji']Darth Plagueis isn't on the SLD with a CRL because he's not in the 7 movies, but some Clone Wars characters are approved due to their presence in the series. Approval decisions are based on broader franchise inclusion rather than just the main film saga. But personally I love Darth Maul force fx saber.[/font]
[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Noto Sans', sans-serif, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol', 'Noto Color Emoji']Hey everyone, I've been wondering why Darth Plagueis isn't featured on the Star Wars Legion Database (SLD) with a Costume Reference Library (CRL). While I understand he doesn't appear in the main seven movies, there are other characters from Clone Wars that have approvals. Any insights or information on this would be greatly appreciated.
Shifting focus to dueling sabers, these radiant extensions of the Force are wielded by skilled practitioners engaged in a timeless dance of combat within the Star Wars universe. Lightsabers, iconic symbols of discipline and strength, transcend their role as mere instruments of destruction. In the hands of a duelist, they become extensions of one's will, focused manifestations of the Force's power. The hum of energized blades, vibrant glows cutting through darkness, and the distinctive clashes resonate as duels unfold. This complex art, a ballet of precision and strategic thinking, reflects the eternal struggle between the light and dark sides of the Force. Duelists, guided by training and intuition, gracefully maneuver, anticipating each other's every move. Whether wielding dual sabers, double-bladed sabers, or rare saber staffs, the variety of lightsabers used in dueling mirrors the diversity found within the Force itself. These duels, not confined to Jedi and Sith, transcend affiliations and ideologies, shaping destinies and altering the course of galactic history. In essence, the dance of dueling sabers encapsulates the cosmic struggle within the Star Wars saga, where individuals face each other in a timeless clash of blades, reflecting the eternal conflict within the Force.[/font]