212th Phase II Clone Trooper Grunt RotS
Build Thread 
Hey All, I'll be posting updates here about my costume build here. 

As the title says I'm currently making a 212th Phase II Clone Trooper Grunt from episode III, Revenge of the Sith (RotS) and the blaster along side it, the DC-15A Carbine (Carbine)
All parts here will be 3D printed using a CR-10 V2 3D printer, with PETG filament (Polyethylene Terephthalate), and will be smoothed out using Gyprock Topping Compound for the large gaps and steep angels while using Automotive filler primer for filling in the smaller gaps (like the 3D printed lines), and then sanding out all the parts with, both a high and low grit sand paper and lastly the paint that I'll be using is Rust-Oleum branded,  Gloss Orange, Flat Black, Flat White, Metallic Aluminum.

The method that I'll be making this in is,
1. Line all the parts and make sure they all fit, if not then sand the parts until they fit or loosely fit.
2. then using the filler primer to fill the small gaps for the small and large parts and using the topping compound for the larger parts that is in need.
3. Sand the all the parts, making sure to only sand down to where you can start to see the plastic (Use a old, failed 3D printed part for practice).
4. repeat steps 2 and 3 until its smooth to the touch and to the eyes.
5. then do the first coat of paint in metallic aluminum while all parts are separated (so parts there meant to move don't stick together) for the Carbine. Paint with a flat white for the Clone Trooper Armor.
6. After the paint fully dries after 2 - 5 hours, do the second coat of paint in metallic aluminum for the Carbine and flat white for the Clone Trooper Armor 
7. After waiting again for the paint to dry, do the first coat of paint in flat black for the Carbine and  for the Clone Trooper Armor
8. doing the same step as before and waiting until the paint dries, use high grit sand paper, lightly scratch the edges of the Clone Trooper Armor and the Carbine to give it a used, weathered effect but skip if you want it to look factory new style. 

Future plans will be adding an LED, with a foggy lens and a speaker inside (Sound files ill be using then will be from the EA's version of Star Wars: Battle front II. All to try to give the Carbine a more realistic feel. 

And I'm also going as far as designing electronics into the helmet and the COMM pad, but this is in early development and might not be done.
Ideas I was thinking was
Speakers so the user can hear stuff. 2 will be on both sides of the helmet and 2 will also be located at the aerators.
2 microphones, one for for the user to talk into and another for hearing what is outside. The microphone that is for the user will be connected to the aerators while the outside microphone will be connected to the speakers inside. though you can turn off the speakers and microphones on and off using the COMM pad. 
And an antenna for some other way to transmit radio waves so if any other patrolling Galactic Imperial Troopers or Officers that have the same equipment can communicate.

I Almost finished the steps 1 - 3 for the Carbine and once the rest of the parts finish finishes printing Ill be jumping straight into the Clone Trooper Armor.

Im pretty happy on how the parts came out though!!  Peace

trying to figure out how to upload images
i hope this link will work haha....
https://imgur.com/a/7m82Sjs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Build Thread Bolt Builds Commander Bacara + P2 ROTS Grunt Bolt_2112 16 1,520 Sunday 22-Oct-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Cyclops
Build Thread Phase 2 realistic 332nd trooper CorporalCorn 1 693 Tuesday 3-Jan-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: CorporalCorn
Build Thread Clone trooper Phase two 332nd Company Blazer8563255 9 955 Monday 14-Nov-2022, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Cyclops