Troop Report: Gold Coast BIG W & Fox promo
Troop Report 
Date: 17 August 2011

Venue: Crown Plaza, Gold Coast

Time: 1100hrs

Mission: Maintain public order during Promotional videos of Blu-Ray Starwars Movie release

Trooper Attendance:
TK Beanie
TK Phantom
TK TheWolf
TK Lestat

Guest Trooper Attendance: N/A

Support Crew: FX.Guy

Detail: I arrived after lengthy hyperspace travel from Brisbane to be meet by Phantom, FX.Guy & Lestat and well nothing much was happening as we stood around waiting for the contacts from Big W & FOX XOs to arrive, they traveled directly from Sydney and some delays had them on edge!!

we had no idea what or where we were going but noticed a large conference taking place and thought that may be where we are going to end up, so the XOs found us a room to change, it was around 1130hrs when he came in and saw us all ready and said "we now have about 30mins to go" told us the plan and left us.

we discussed the details of TKs to stand on either sides of the Projector while the other 2 walked up and down the rows to maintain order!

Time had arrived 1200hrs, Beanie walked in first into a dark room not having a clue where to go started walking around to the front followed by Lestat walking around the otherside and not able to see much ran into a few chairs and bags, followed by TheWolf and Phantom. we managed to find the sides and rows as the preview of the Blu-Ray Starwars was playing, we stood at attention!

the video played for a few minutes then the ladies from FOX begun their presentation to the managers and staff of Big W from Sydney and Brisbane Stores, explained the upcoming Blu-Ray releases, not just of Starwars but in lengthy details of Glee and other TV/Movies... this seemed to have gone on for a very very very long time.

Lestat and Beanie Standing at each side of the screen while Phantom and TheWolf marched up and down the sides, it continued on and on again..... my feet started to get numb!

after more talk about Glee and other rubbish the presentation was over and it was time to hand out the bags of gifts to the staff, we went out into the foyer and had a few photos with the crowd but it was almost 1230hrs the folks went off to eat, not really interested in us, i guess free food after 3 hours of presentation on a public holiday (most from Brisbanes Stores) was more on their minds then getting pics with us!

We went back to the change rooms, changed, the FOX manager said what a great job we did and praised our work, we preety much just left after that.

Charity Funds Raised: N/A

Injuries: Sore feets from standing still listening to how great Glee on Blu-Ray was...

Malfunctions: i left my Holster at home but luckly TheWolf had a spare!

Public Incidents: none that i know of!

Mission Status: Success.

Photos: i have no links as yet! FX.Guy will publish these.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Great work guys and once again Dave comes to the rescue with being able to supply a missing partDoppeldaumen1
Nice report Beanie...was a very quiet little troop
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
well done guys.

GCSN14DW2014GCSN15DW2015
                                                        GCSN16DW2016GCSN17

Nice work guys,

Wink Aren't you glad though that you got to find out about glee.Wink
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Nice work guys. Don't stop believing in the power that is the force!
[Image: sterb104.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 388 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 660 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  ABC Gold Coast - May The Fourth Be With You Ktty 2 1,502 Thursday 13-May-2021, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Meowied_Cass