Guest Trooper Attendance:
The Payne Family
Chantal & Ti

Support Crew:
Cutter as Wrangler
Deimos as Wrangler
Blade_Seduction as Wrangler

Detail:
i had arrived at 8am ready to set up shop.. arriving into the hall i was overwhelmed by LEGO... yes i know it was a lego fan expo, but my exceptions was low since i was at the Lego Store in USA not more then 4 weeks ago.

Well was i in HEAVEN there was tables with lego houses and trains running around, Lego theme park with what looked like the TOWER OF TERROR from Dreamworld. also spotted a Lego TARDIS and Daleks with Angles (rather fitting for the latest ep of Dr Who today.)

so i went to ask where we was setup... but it was a dumb question when i spotted the biggest Starwars Spaceport made of Lego since being at Legoland in California 2010, it had the Death Star, B-Wings, X-Wings and Tie Fighters and just about ever Ultimate Collectors Series set that could be transported in a car. Darth Maul was present and Vader was on his Bridge and what looked like a battalion of 501st clonetroopers, ok all in minifigs but damn it was impressive. All the displays were made and transported to this venue by the Brisbrick members which is the Brisbane chapter of the lego fan clubs of Australia which also hold events in Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne where 501st also attend, and have been very popular.

anyways the table was set up with props and blasters and the MS Moonlight tins and poster, Tirilia and Cutter arrived and Tirilia quickly got into the scout as did PSY with his dancing tusken and started to scout the entry queue shaking the money tin. I had the Navy Trooper on and answering questions and collecting money for the tins inside as well with the help of wrangler cutter and Blade_Seduction.

More troopers arriving and got kit up and also joined the team out side, i went out after an hour or 2 and saw the line was just massive, but the troopers tin was almost 3/4 full, TOP EFFORT!!!!

we all sort of stopped for a break around 12:30pm and as Phoniex as this awesome mobile audio player inside his chest started to play some tunes as the troopers rested in the tent provided lunch order was taken and then some odd dancing move was preformed by PSY.

the Payne Family and Chantel (Chads wife) and son came to the event and visited the stand. I Think payney was also quite stunned by the awesome fan made lego displays.

I was chatting to the Brisbrick event organiser Roger, about how surprised they were about the attendance, He told me they only officially begun to plan and coordinate the event just 13 weeks out and thire sister state clubs told him that the starwars 501st attend theirs and that Roger should get us in Queensland, we only got the request 2 weeks and Roger thought he missed out on getting us this weekend for the event.
He thanked us for doing such a great job in entertaining the queue and that we made it possible for them to host the event and make it as big as it was! Roger has already asked us back next year in which he said should be in a bigger location which means Photobooth and Death Star backdrop!!!

in the afternoon families started to leave to either watching the AFL final or heading out to Riverfire so it started to thin out and donations slowing down, troopers begun to change and head home.

5pm time came so fast as it was a jam packed trooping day, i finally got a chance to look around and also play with some lego, from what i heard from troopers, they too were also surpised by the event and that it was a very exciting and awesome troop!

Charity Funds Raised:
A WOOPING $1012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Injuries:
N/A if any let me know

Malfunctions:
N/A if any let me know

Public Incidents:
N/A if any let me know

Mission Status:
A GREAT SUCESS AND AN INVITE FOR A BIGGER AND BETTER ONE NEXT YEAR!

Photos:
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...20day%201/ more to come!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Does it count an injury if you can't lift your arm even close to shoulder height after shaking a (very heavy) tin for 3 hours? Smile

And I had incident with a cocky tween who thought he's show off to his mates by trying to lift my helmet straight off.... But I soon set him straight!

This was a fantastic troop, easily the most fun I've had since I joined the 501st. So many happy smiling Star Wars fans, and so many people happy to see us and happy to donate without (too much) prompting.

As for the lunch time entertainment, I deny any knowledge of dancing to gangnam style in armour with hoppy... And any photos or video to the contrary must have been photoshopped Cheeky
Well done everyone!
Day 1 was Great fun! :D Trooping the lines was really awesome. The organisers really appreciated us keeping the folks entertained and (where possible) out of the sun Smile
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Well done guys, Looks like it was a huge success.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
It was a fun troop, and some awesome Star Wars Lego to be drooled over. Shame I couldn't fit the Millennium Falcon in my bag, I want it bad. Had a quick chat to the organizer as we left and he was happy with our attendance so hopefully this will be an ongoing thing. I know they expect it to be bigger & better next year.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
It was awesome fun. Turned around and out of no-where there was a massive line formed. I'll certaintly see about going next year, maybe with a less scary costume.

And yes, there was some Gangnam Hoppy Style, I'm awaiting for the video to be uploaded.
It was a good event. That space dock thing was MASSIVE. Will definitely be going back next year, hopefully in a place that's air conditioned Smile
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

pictures of the actual displays taken by Blade_Seduction is here:

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww141...er%202012/

great picture mate!
<p>
FNG
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
I'm thinking I'd like to get to this troop, love Lego, we'll try for next year.
Well done guys and gals, I think this event will get bigger and better.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Well done guys.

You all looked great. All my little girl wanted was a photo with you guys while my son only wanted to see lego.

Heard plenty of kids in the line talking about you all, it made their day.

Sorry we didn't hang around but the heat in there was getting to the kids and we had to bail.
Would love to troop this one next time.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Brick by brick, this was a really great Troop.

Working the lines and crowds outside was just as fun as working photos inside and keeping guard of all the Lego.

Great report, Beanie! Doppeldaumen1
Was a fun event, and sure to get better next year.
Now were are the reports for Days 1 and 2 Wink

also has the money collected been deposited? and do we know the final amount?
the answers you seek muppet is within this link
<p>
FNG
</p>
(Saturday 6-Oct-2012, 10:56 PM)Beanie Wrote:  the answers you seek muppet is within this link

Great, you know there is space for it in the troop report. Make life easier to keep track of when it's all on the same page

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brick Event LEGO Expo 2020 sharpshooter2231 0 1,424 Saturday 4-Apr-2020, 02:35 PM
Last Post: sharpshooter2231
Troop Report Brisbrick Chandler Imperial Drone 3 3,597 Friday 1-Nov-2019, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Diatium
  Sunshine Coast Brick Event - LEGO Expo 16-17th March sharpshooter2231 0 1,844 Thursday 5-Sep-2019, 02:42 PM
Last Post: sharpshooter2231