Royal Children's Hospital Troop Report
Troop Report 
Royal Brisbane Hospital Troop Report

Date : 20th March 2010

Time : 14:00hrs to 16:00hrs

Troopers : Super_Trooper (Rebel Legion), Hopfot (Redback Garrison), Michael (Redback Garrison), Phillip (Redback Garrison).

Wranglers : None

Report : The Jedi arrived early to secure the area, but soon afterwards, a lone stormtrooper disguised as a civilian named Hopfot, arrived on the scene. His real identity as a stormtrooper was soon revealed while the Jedi was away on reconnaissance, looking for possible infiltrators as his sources had predicted.

While staking out the entrance to the hospital from the car park, the Force revealed the arrival of two more Imperial Loyalists. The first was a Tie Pilot, who had brought reinforcements from the Empire in the form of a scout trooper, to back up their secretive position from within the change rooms.

Believing it to be the will of the Force, and desiring to turn the enemy from the Dark Side, the troopers were welcomed into the humble quarters of the Jedi, where they revealed themselves as agents of the Dark Lord.

Their intentions to walk the path of goodness by serving the children of the hospital were welcomed by the Jedi and hospital staff, and so, following an introduction to the children in the Wonder Factory Play Room, the journey through the wards began, and it became clear that it was to be the Rebels†role to break in new Imperialists to the ways of hospital trooping, and allow the balance to come full circle, as he was broken in by Imperialists on his own first troop.

Even though the number of troopers was small, the smiles and excitement on the faces of both children and parents was great, as the small band moved from ward to ward.

Both the ill children, as well as those visiting them, were excited to see us, and Scott had his portrait enthusiastically drawn by a very talented young girl who was visiting her sister in hospital, and whose father and grandfather soon arrived on the scene and couldnâ€t resist the lure of the Force, with both having their photos taken with the small but impressive band. Another mother, with her infant child asleep in her arms, requested a photo with us as well, to claim her bragging rights to her son who was reported to be a fan.

As the small band moved from ward to ward, Phillip was often mistaken for Darth Vader, and I can only surmise that it must have been his silent, noble bearing, which was so reminiscent of the Dark Lord, that caused the confusion. It should be noted that less children and adults were frightened of him though, as they are with the imposing figure of the Dark Lord, although one poor nurse (who attempted to flatten herself against the wall as we passed by) will never forget the fear as the Vader imposter booed at her as he passed. She squealed and jumper back so violently that I believe some remodeling to the wall behind where she was may be in order.

Our guides were patient as they waited for us while we spent long periods of time chatting and having our photos taken with willing children, whose spirits remained unbroken, despite their bodies being so, and once again, the gratitude and love of the children we saw shone brightly through the pain and suffering they were forced to endure.

All experienced troopers know just how difficult it can be to engage and connect with the broken children we see on a visit to the hospital, and the smaller the number of troopers there are the more difficult it can be to do so, but the troopers who came, despite never having done a hospital troop before, carried themselves as professionally as any seasoned trooper does, and they made massive efforts to engage with the children and keep their behaviour and conversation appropriate to the guidelines we have been given. I was deeply impressed by the skill in which these young men interacted with the children we saw, and I would like to congratulate them on not only a troop well done, but a first hospital troop well done.

Public Incidents : Frightened Nurses (and one who needed a panty change).

Malfunctions : Hopfotâ€s leg armour kept riding up, cutting into his calves. No blood was spilt however.

Injuries : None

Happy People : Children, Parents, Brothers, Sisters, Entertainment Staff, Nurses, Volunteers … and us!

Not Happy People : Those children who wanted to keep our toys.

Mission Status : Complete success.

[Image: RCH20march2010b.jpg]

[Image: RCH20march2010c.jpg]

[Image: RCH20march2010a.jpg]

[Image: RCH20march2010d.jpg]

[Image: RCH20march2010e.jpg]

[Image: RCH20march2010f.jpg]
Well done Troopers....... And Jedi.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Great work guys, well done indeed.
Save the Environment!..........Use your sleeve.
And Hoppy........

Fix up your armour, would ya please. Banghead
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Nice troop everyone, sorry I missed it.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
It was a good arvo. Good to see smiles on the kids, and the parents. Sometimes I wasn't sure who was happier to see us. And that poor nurse that Phil scared, boy was it funny, if there wasn't a wall behind her, she would have jumped 10 feet backwards. And Hoppy, our first Death Trooper, need I say more Aaaah
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Great work guys, thanks again Ray for organising this.
(Monday 22-Mar-2010, 08:24 AM)cobra Wrote:  Great work guys, thanks again Ray for organising this.

Doppeldaumen1 ... Pleased to do so.
Well done ray, well done everyonr else!

@Hoppy - We are planning some APs in the lead up to SN. I expect to see you at one of them fixing your strapping. This is not a request! Smile
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
had a great time ray great report there. pleasure too troop with you guys.it was funny with that nurse she sure jump.
[Image: zIWic.gif]
I survived Supanova 2010:dw11::sn11:DW2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great report, Ray! I look forward to your reports - you have such a way with words! I wish I could have been there, but RL (real life, not the Rebel Legion!) is a real ass-anchor!

Hop - you need to redo your webbing, dude! Stormtroopers dont look cool when you can see what's holding them together - it's all about maintaining the mystery!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
(Monday 22-Mar-2010, 09:05 PM)philip Wrote:  had a great time ray great report there. pleasure too troop with you guys.it was funny with that nurse she sure jump.

Everyone laughed at that. Our guides couldn't help it either, and I laughed so much my sides hurt. It was certainly a highlight of the troop.
Moxxxie -

I missed seeing you guys, but life always comes first. I'm thrilled that the spirit was willing, even if the timing was not. Thanks for the support.
well done guys and great report Ray Smile
Economical Assault Trooper
(Tuesday 23-Mar-2010, 07:54 AM)Lestat Wrote:  well done guys and great report Ray Smile

Wink ... Thank you. I try to make them reflect the mood of the troop, and create the same excitement we had.
Great troop! Well done all who attended!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Queensland Children's Hospital visit - Feb 2024 Donut 2 166 Friday 22-Mar-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Rebelrach
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 388 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 660 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach