G'day all!
its awesomeness in the water i believe Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
(Sunday 17-Feb-2013, 11:46 AM)Angelman Wrote:  Hey Andrew, I'm one of the local Rockhampton troopers, so glad you found us (actually I'm curious, how did you find us?)
Wish I'd seen your post earlier, we had an armour party (AP) yesterday at Nerf & Kitteh's place.
I'm sure we're going to have more armour parties this year as we have quite a few cadets that are at various stages of their costume builds.
We'll have to meet and we'll get you 'verified' so that you can access other areas of the forums (like the For Sale/Trade area).
Um, there are no 'generic sith' so you may have to think about your costume choice. Would love to have a Maul here though, it's not an easy costume to build to screen accurate (hope you know someone who sews very well), also the face make up/tattoos are a right royal pain. (Once you've been approved I believe it is acceptable to troop with a professionally made latex mask as a substitute (may need to double check on that)).
Welcome to a wonderful journey that is the 501st, the Redback Garrison are awesome, so many amazing people who are happy to help.
Have you seen the documentary "Heart of an Empire"? I have one you can loan (warning have a box of tissues handy, it's quite moving in places).

Michael & Lisa
Angelman & LadyTarkin

I actually got given a card a while back from the few guys and gals that were at the midnight launch of TPM 3D. Just haven't really had time to get on to sign up or anything until now. My girlfriend's mum is going to help me sew and all that, and my gf is also currently looking into starting a build with me, helping me with Maul, and starting Darth Talon for herself.
~Pants.
(Monday 18-Feb-2013, 09:37 AM)muppet Wrote:  Welcome, dont know what's in the water around Rocky, seems to be an explosion of new recruits lately

Don't worry muppet - its just all the coal mines discharging their waste water into the Fitzroy River - its ok once you get used to the taste Yuk

Welcome aboard Andrew - Michael and the crew will look after you Doppeldaumen1
The 501st - Bad guys doing good.
Welcome Smile

We are getting a lot of new cadets, which is awesome, because it means we'll have more troopers (and in the meantime, more wranglers )

Drop me a PM sometime, I've usually got a couple of free days each week and it'd be great to meet up so we can get you and your girlfriend verified as cadets and get you both well on your way to joining the 501st (I'm also a huge Maul fan, don't let the Captain Rex armour fool you)
Welcome to the Redbacks. Smile

I've noticed you've already signed up on the Sith Lord Detachment forums. Ask a lot of questions and get acquainted with the Darth Maul specific forum - a lot of info to read there, especially other people's build threads.
DW2012
:DW13:
What's going on up there in Rocky? Its producing Cadets left right and centre!!! Good on ya and good luck!!!