Daffodil Day Perisher Blue Cow NSW
Troop Report 
Date: 24th & 25th August 2013

Venue: Blue Cow Bistro

Time:11am to 2pm

Mission:Highlight, draw attention to and raise money for DAFFODIL DAY 2013 at the Snow in Perisher New South Wales.

Trooper Attendance:
Southern Cross Garrison:
TB-6412 Rev (Linc)

Redback Garrison:
TS-4159 Beanie
TR-8139 Deimos
ID-11792 Westie
TS(Sat) ID(Sun) 9064 Lei
ID-3989 Buzzard (Sunday)

Rebel Legion:
Buzzard Hoth Trooper (Saturday)

Details:
On Friday 23rd August, 3 separate Imperial Shuttles depart Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane to converge on the tops of the Alpine mountains in a popular skiing location known to the locals as Perisher, in New South Wales.

Departing Sydney early, Rev (Linc) as the representative of Southern Cross Garrison as well as the Imperial Shuttle Sharp (Buzzard family) that had driven down earlier in the week for "work related" holidays, Melbourne shuttle Brown (piloted by Deimos & Navigator Westie) all arrived at the accommodation called THE STATION in Jindabyne just before 1300 hours. And Departing from Brisbane, Beanie onboard Shuttle Virgin (Australia) and then ATAT (a service by Greyhound bus) arrived a little after 1400hrs

The troopers gathered to equip themselves with the latest technology to be able to "ski" and patrol the snowie mountains. After a few hours of fitting it was time to stock up on supplies for the long hours to come the next days.

Saturday 24th August, 0600 hrs breakfast of bacon, eggs and Beanies favorite maple syrup with pancakes provided the energy for the battle to come. departing The Station for another station Bullocks Flat part of the Skitube service the locals use for transportation to the top of the Perisher mountains, [Image: 20130824_075144.jpg]
The Skitube staff would not allow landing the Shuttles on top of the mountain so they needed to purchase passes to gain access to the train and lifts.
http://s45.photobucket.com/user/501qld/m...0.jpg.html
Perisher were notified of our arrival and so they discounted the passes by 50%. Half hour later the trooper were on top of an area called BLUE COW (Historical records state the land was once the feeding grounds for a rare breed of Blue Cattle.)
Snowtrooper Beanie went out into the snow to scout out the slopes for any signs of a hidden Rebel base, but nothing was spotted, just a lot of local civilians. [Image: IMG_20130824_103124.jpg]
The others stayed put in case any Rebel scum had returned to the shelter that was setup as HQ, roughly 1030hrs reported started to flood the HQ of a sighting of a Hoth Trooper in the above restaurant hassling the public, so TB Rev, TS Beanie, TS Lei, TR Deimos with ID Westie prepared their armour to battle the lone Rebel.

A battle was fought but after a few blaster shots, they combined efforts to raise money for a bigger, longer, harder battle against cancer under the event called Daffodil Day. Replacing blasters for Yellow Daffodil Day donation tins in hand they roamed the Blue Cow bistro whilst the civies ate their lunches. once the crowd had dissipated, with the Rebel trooper under custody went outside into the snow to arrest the Hoth Trooper and to take photographic evidence to report back to Lord Vader.
[Image: 20130824_143531.jpg]
This was the last time we saw or heard of any Rebels on the snow.

After a break Buzzard and Lei equipped with Skis and Poles went out to learn how to ski as Snowtrooper, Beanie swapped Mukluks boots for Ski boots and took on a ski run known as the Pony Ride Carpet to ensure that the civilians knew a Snowtroopers home is in fact in the snow and icy regions.
[Image: th_Beanie2.jpg]
[Image: GrabbedFrame3.png]
[Image: IMG_20130824_153152.jpg]
Deimos and Westie stayed back at HQ to count the money raised for the day. 1600hrs and lifts closing for the evening the troopers returned down the mountain via a quick stop at the Perisher skitube station for some little donuts that was known by locals as the best in the world... and they were correct.
Once arriving at accommodations it wasn't long before the entire party had fallen asleep due to a huge day of fighting and raising money.

Sunday 25th, 0600hrs troopers ate a big breakfast and set out on the road to the train, this time Buzzard and Lei attended a class to learn how to improve maneuver down the slopes. Beanie went out to scout the terrain inc a traverse across to a side mountain range called Guthega... 1030hrs all returned back to the HQ at Blue Cow for a quick plan of attack and briefing, Snowtrooper Beanie & Buzzard with Officers Lei & Westie and Royal Guard Deimos headed upstairs for day 2 of Daffodil day. [Image: 20130825_121620.jpg]This day had less civilians as it would seem that they either slept in longer or were at the other mountains, but there seem to be more school aged children on a school holiday or part of the ski school activates, [Image: 20130825_140149.jpg]
they all still donated money and a lot more pictures taken of the troopers. Lord Vader, No sighting of Rebel troopers spotted on this day and they raised $538.95 and making it a total of $1326.
The afternoon saw more perfecting of skills on the snow, and once more a visit to the donuts at Perisher. the evening Buzzard and Beanie met up with Old friends from SCG Jess and Colin at a local Mexican restaurant.

Monday, it was a cold and frosty night, the shuttles front screen icy, [Image: IMG_20130825_071359.jpg] Buzzard Lei and family with Beanie returned to the snow to finalise the patrols on the snow, Beanie did a full resort wrap around whilst the family stayed put in Blue Cow.
[Image: IMG_20130826_125037.jpg]

overall, Total cost for myself was just under $800 since almost all parts of the skiing and accommodation was 50% for us.
The crowd and staff at Blue Cow absolutely loved and enjoyed having us up there and im sure we will be asked to return next year!!! plenty of skiing and trooping to make it a worth while event.

Plus i have the Australian 501st record for trooping at the highest level in Australia in my Snowtrooper as does Deimos in his Royal Gaurd, Westie and Lei in officer, Buzzard in his Reserve Pilot aka Janitor and Rev (Linc) in Biker Scout.

Charity Funds Raised: money collected each day was for Cancer Council's Daffodil Day.
Saturday: $787.05
Sunday: $538.95

Raising $1326

Injuries / Malfunctions:
with the Chilly condition, indoors are heated making the helmets fog up faster then normally, outside was nice to cool off... nice change from Brisbane Weather!

Public Incidents:
Nothing major just 2 super keen young boys wanting to try out TS-4159 blasters and hassled til parents stepped in and 1 apparent "charity" worker asking us for charity Identification because to her we seemed to be raising money for our self... HELP BIG YELLOW TIN IN HAND WITH CANCER COUNCIL WRITTEN ON IT WOMEN!

Mission Status: Perisher HR very impressed with the tally and im sure an invite to return next year in greater numbers.... :P

Photos & Video:
http://s45.photobucket.com/user/501qld/l...0Cow%20NSW
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Great work Troopers, looked like you all had a ball, and collected a fantastic amount. Nice report too Beanie, love the picture of the Snowie on ski's, bet that raised some eyebrows on the lift Smile
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Looks like fun, hopefully might be able to attend next year if it happens again Smile
Awesome work looks like a lot of fun.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Looks awesome!
Good work guys!
:GCSN12: -> GCSN16
DW2012 -> DW2016
BN12 -> BN16
and it wasnt that expensive....
<p>
FNG
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
This seriously was a fun troop and one that I hope we can do every year.
While I was organising this one, I had someone from Thredbo approach me and ask if would could do it there. So maybe next year we can stretch it to Thredbo.
I am also hoping that next year we can use the house that they put us in for the last night. It was really nice and Lei was able to cook a wonderful curry (Much cheaper than buying breakfast and dinner)

I'll upload my photos to the PB account tonight, I have throttled internet at the moment so it takes forever to get anything done.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Thredbo and Perisher... im there and i would go this weekend if there was a troop on.
<p>
FNG
</p>
Fabulous work all of you, love the report Beanie.
Awesome job!
Unfotunately Name on a tin means nothing... And we're not a charity...
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
(Wednesday 4-Sep-2013, 05:31 PM)Cavalier Wrote:  Awesome job!

yeap some people are out there to cause problems.
<p>
FNG
</p>
Great report and sounds like a blast. A fantastic amount of money raised. Well done!!
(Wednesday 4-Sep-2013, 05:31 PM)Cavalier Wrote:  Awesome job!

Yep I kept telling the lady that we are not a charity, but a world wide group of over ten thousand members, collecting millions for charities worldwide.
I gave her the official 501st website, our website and told her that Perisher is an official collection site for the Cancer Council and she is more than welcome to check with them, including our history of collecting for the CC, and that she is more than welcomed to contact Perisher HR to see if we are legit.
No matter what I said, she was more concerned with us not displaying ID as we are a charity collecting money.
When she had enough she went back to her table and got on her iPhone right away along with her friend to check up on us.

She was obviously met with loads of photos of the 501st worldwide collecting for charities and trooping hospitals.
I have just gotten word that the final telly throughout the weekend from Perisher was a whopping $4783.
very nice amount!!!
<p>
FNG
</p>