Scott Loxley's Bundaberg Stop-over Troop
After a tip-off from our Rocky Troopers, Scott Loxley had a choice of walking along some pretty long stretches of nothingness on the Bruce Highway or heading into Bundaberg to raise some serious coin… so the “Trekking Trooper” steered his amazing adventure into Bundaberg…

Date: 15/02/15

Venue: Shalom Markets - Bundaberg

Time: 8:00am to 11:00am

Mission: To help Scott Loxley raise funds for the Monash Children’s Hospital – Melbourne as part of his trek around Australia.

Trooper Attendance:
TB-11384 Viper Scout/Wrangling
TK/CC-6729 Angelman/Commander Cody
ID-6730 Lady Tarkin/Wrangling
ID-8548 Joker/Captain Rex
ID-10082 Picasso/Jawa
TD-22422 BayTrooper/Snowtrooper
Verified Cadet Ghalgor/Jawa
Verified Cadet DarkFather/Jawa
Verified Cadet Arienh/Jawa

Special Guest Trooper Attendance: Scott Loxley

Details:
The Troop started around 8 am with three of our newest recruits testing out their new Jawa costumes after Scott insisted that they join us, after the hospitality that they showed Scott in Bundaberg. They also had a chance to fine-tune various pieces, as they are getting ready for the approval process (normally we would have followed the correct procedure but we were reluctant to ring at 6am on a Sunday). They quickly won over the crowd.

The rain kept many away, however, Scott had heaps of exposure and did very well with the local generosity… with one family actually cycling several kilometers to meet Scott and sponsoring their children… the hefty proceeds going straight in the tin! We also observed locals emptying their piggy banks and donating the contents to Scott.

We were lucky enough to have several members visit us from Rocky… a huge thanks to Michael (Angelman), Lisa (Lady Tarkin), Garrett (Joker) and Ainsleigh (Picasso) for rallying to the cause, with a seven hour round trip. In particular. A huge thanks to Michael for traveling so far and giving up his time on a weekend when he was also required to respond to Election Q and As. Thanks to Adam (Baytrooper) for joining us for a couple of hours and entertaining the kids with the Cantina Band song… it went down a treat!

All in all a heap of money was raised and Scott did what he came to do! His visit was a huge inspiration to our new recruits and to the large numbers of locals who got to hear about Scotts story – both on local media and in person.

Charity Funds Raised: $200

Injuries / Malfunctions: None.

Public Incidents: None.

Mission Status: Success.

Photos:
Here's a group shot...
[Image: imagejpg1_zpse49a77e0.jpg]
This shot includes the family who sponsored their kids to ride several kilometres from the Northern side of the Burnett River to meet Scott (bucket off).
[Image: imagejpg1_zps96d2996f.jpg]
Pic by Lady Tarkin
[Image: imagejpg1_zps8ab58052.jpg]
I am Glad this all worked out for Scott in the end, however I notice that you have Not used the correct Troop Report Template.
Is there any reason.?

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
As this is my first Troop Report, I hope this reads okay. A huge thanks to Phantom for his help with the layout.
Much better Smile

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
wheres scott in the pic? and adam??? hope they werent taking the pic?
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Scott is next to Michael's Cody and Adam did not arrive until later and can be seen in the second pic.
ohhh i thought he was holding scotts helmet... looks like a tricky pic and angle.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Well done and a great effort for all that travelled so far to particpate. I'm sure Scott really appreciates the support he's getting from the Redbacks!
(and loving the Jawa invasion in Bundy! Utinnnii!)
Great work on your first troop report.

This is what 501st is all about. Putting smiles on faces whilst wearing awesome star wars costumes.

Smile
It was an awesome day that reinforced all the positives that the 501st can achieve. I got to meet friendly, like-minded people , got to see incredible builds, brought smiles to a lot of faces and helped an amazing person to continue to raise funds. Fantastic day.
Was a wonderful day indeed, I was really worried when I woke up to rain in the morning, which did keep the numbers down at the markets. The cadets did a fantastic job and they will make fine additions to the Empire. It was great to catch up with Scott again too. That family that sponsored their kids, just wow, that's parenting done right. Thanks for the additional hospitality Warren it is very much appreciated. And well done to everyone.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Great work Redback's
[Image: ayiY6fB.gif]
Awesome!!!! thank you Redbacks for taking care of our squad brother.

Love the photos!

Btw didn't know Scott walked to Bundaberg! good on him

Just a small note to the cuddly Jawa on the left you will need to lengthen your Bandolier strap, that is quite easly to be done.
[Image: 51383621116_4c2cd1f5ae_o.jpg]
MJ

That was a test fit and at the time I didn't have the extension, that I have now.