New Female recruit
Hello everyone!
I'm from the Southwest side of Brisbane and am looking at starting with the 501st after getting to hang with the crowd during Supanovas and Star Wars Weekends at Disney. I've also signed up to the forums of Tatooine Base to get an idea of the 'good guys'

I'm just not sure where to begin in terms of costumes. I wouldn't mind a female character costume and have looked at Asajj Ventress but am not overly keen on the idea of a skull cap (I have a lot of crazy curls)

Any help would be extremely appreciated
-SQUID.
Hey again Squid Smile

you can have a look through the Costume Resource library at http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL this lists the options.

Ventress is a kickass character but I'll let Moxxxie talk more about that

other choices in females would be Female Tuskan, Visas Marr, Bo Katarn or Mara Jade (there is more but cant think of the names at moment)

but dont forget the hardworking minions in shiny white armour (or not so shiny if you'd rather be a sandtrooper)... always funny when someone assumes can only by a "guy" in the trooper armour Wink
DW2013 to DW2018
I am all about the hard working white minions Duras!
Very funny moment on Sunday at dreamworld when one spoke to a little boy and he freaked out because she had a girly voice! Ahh, gender norms.

Loving the idea of Bo Katan - armour for the win!!

Thanks for your help gem :D
Welcome to the forums Squid, good to meet you yesterday.

Rick
(Tuesday 26-May-2015, 02:56 PM)Squid Wrote:  I am all about the hard working white minions Duras!
Very funny moment on Sunday at dreamworld when one spoke to a little boy and he freaked out because she had a girly voice! Ahh, gender norms.

Loving the idea of Bo Katan - armour for the win!!

Thanks for your help gem :D

I'd bet that was Sam (Crea8ive) .... she does a brilliant statue impression too
DW2013 to DW2018
Yes! It was, over by the R2-D2.
Also, no way in heck would I have the body to pull off Mara Jade (in her black bodysuit) - body goals haha
Welcome Squid! You could always consider a bounty hunter...
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Hi Squid, welcome to the Redbacks.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hi Squid,
Glad to see we talked you over to the darkside.
You could also look at a bikerscout a few of us girls do scouts it's a great costume for all sizes(I'm 5"1)
If you sign up to Flagship Eclipse there are a lot of ideas for cool female characters there.
Welcome to the redbacks!
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome! It might suprise you to know we have a female Vader that lives amongst us. So dont feel you are confined to a gender role!
Hi and welcome to the darkside
TK 19749
Welcome to the forums Squid Smile
Welcome.
Have a look through the Costume Reference Library for a costume that really takes your fancy Smile
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLbyname

While you are at it have a read through these thread:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6719
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome aboard Squid!
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Welcome Squid!

(Tuesday 26-May-2015, 03:02 PM)Duras Wrote:  
(Tuesday 26-May-2015, 02:56 PM)Squid Wrote:  I am all about the hard working white minions Duras!

I'd bet that was Sam (Cre8tiv) .... she does a brilliant statue impression too

I remember the "It's a girl in there" from that little boy, when I spoke.

It isn't only the younglings that get a surprise by a girl being in the Stormtrooper either. Wink
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."